Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a day!

We had a rabbit show today and we took Titan, Peanut (his boy) and Velvet our blue doe and Miss Daisy our e-lop. The kids pooped out on us, but it was really fun, Karen and I had a great time. A family came to look at Peanut and their son was very interested in him. They ended up buying him, I took Peanut to them after he was shown, gave them the comment sheet and the award. After all he was their bunny now. Like the rest of Sweeties litter, he has lots of character, isn't that right Peg.;)

Velvetwon BestOpposite SexVariety, Titan won 1st and Peanut won first for Junior bucks. Peanut beat out his own brother.Thecouple who boughtPeanuts brother were showing him today.On the tableit was almost a family affair, Titanwas competing against his sister for best of breed,Peanut competed against his brother, dad and auntie.

Miss Daisy wonBest of Breed! Her very first show and she won Best of Breed.Naturally, Wabbitmom and I alreadyknew that, but it was nice to hear it from someone else. She's got a lot of growing to do, she just turned four months last week.

There must be something about e-lops thatgive them the ability to really relax. Before her time on the show table, I lookedover at the travel cage she was in and she was flopped and her eyes were closed. Not thepartially opened eyesIseemy rabbits when they sleep but closed,lights out, one one home!

I had to leave the show early to meet someone at the house that was buyinga leaf vac from me so I missed Miss Daisy's big day. When Karen did get home,she broughtDaisy in and I went toput her back into her cage.I went to check on her a few minutes later and she was in a bunny loaf position with her eyes closed. She had a very busy day. Really proudof my girl for her first show.

Then I took Karen out to eat with some of the money from the sale of the leaf vac, the restgoesfor bills.:(

Congratulations on all of your awards! How exciting!!! Are you going to take photos of the bunnies with their ribbons? (do they give ribbons???)

Congrats on the wins...but you sold Peanut? How will I ever let Nyx know that? Poor girl.

Oh well - she wants to correspond with Daisy I think...and it won't be too awful long before she'll be having her date and then being a mama..that should keep her busy.

By the way - I fell in love with an e-lop at the show here in CT and if I could've figured out how to sneak it home - I would have bought it in a heartbeat. I also found my next flemmie breeder to get light grays from...I'll share more when I get home.

Anyway - congrats again on the wins- that is awesome!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
What a day!

We had a rabbit show today and we took Titan, Peanut (his boy) and Velvet our blue doe and Miss Daisy our e-lop. The kids pooped out on us, but it was really fun, Karen and I had a great time. A family came to look at Peanut and their son was very interested in him. They ended up buying him, I took Peanut to them after he was shown, gave them the comment sheet and the award. After all he was their bunny now. Like the rest of Sweeties litter, he has lots of character, isn't that right Peg.;)

Velvetwon BestOpposite SexVariety, Titan won 1st and Peanut won first for Junior bucks. Peanut beat out his own brother.Thecouple who boughtPeanuts brother were showing him today.On the tableit was almost a family affair, Titanwas competing against his sister for best of breed,Peanut competed against his brother, dad and auntie.

Miss Daisy wonBest of Breed! Her very first show and she won Best of Breed.Naturally, Wabbitmom and I alreadyknew that, but it was nice to hear it from someone else. She's got a lot of growing to do, she just turned four months last week.

There must be something about e-lops thatgive them the ability to really relax. Before her time on the show table, I lookedover at the travel cage she was in and she was flopped and her eyes were closed. Not thepartially opened eyesIseemy rabbits when they sleep but closed,lights out, one one home!

I had to leave the show early to meet someone at the house that was buyinga leaf vac from me so I missed Miss Daisy's big day. When Karen did get home,she broughtDaisy in and I went toput her back into her cage.I went to check on her a few minutes later and she was in a bunny loaf position with her eyes closed. She had a very busy day. Really proudof my girl for her first show.

Then I took Karen out to eat with some of the money from the sale of the leaf vac, the restgoesfor bills.:(

Oh, double-WOW...congrats on the wins! You guys surely are doing something right with those sweet bunnies of yours. Major kudos for them doing so well!

There must be something about e-lops thatgive them the ability to really relax.

hehe...I really laughed when I read this, as it reminds me of the day I got Yofi. My sis and Ihad drivendown to Toronto (5-1/2 hr trip) to pick him up from the breeder, and on the way back home Yofi was safely tucked away in a pet carrier in the back seat. I figured he'd be pretty stressed out because he was young and everything - the car, the pet carrier, the sounds - everything was just so new to him...and I recall once, many years ago, almost losing a rabbit to stress after packing him in a carrier to take him to a rabbit show. However...the stress did not fall upon Yofi; on the contrary,it bypassed him and went straight to me. At one pointI had turned to check on him in the back, only to see him stretched out - completely flat - in the crate. I called to him, then shook the carrier, and got no response. I was just about to yell to my sister to stop the car (and on the 401 headed home with all that traffic, she would not have been impressed), when suddenly a lazy head bobbed up and an eye slowly opened. He had that "Huh?" expression written across his face, one that is now infamous with me. So yeah, I really do think a lazy gene has beengenetically programmed into each and every one of those guys. ;)

P.S. Love the mohair shirt, Dave! :p

Effectofholdingawhitebunnyonablacks.jpg

I normally veg out in front of the tv after dinner, but with 200 satellite channels to choose from there hasn't been a lot to watch. I even started to watch a show about the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders, why?, I have no idea. So I have been spending more time with the bunny's. I have been letting Daisy out and I just lay on the floor while she does binkies and knocks things over.

Miss Daisy loves her nose rubs, I think there are two ways to a bunny's heart, treats and nose rubs. Daisy prefers nose rubs and when I am on the floor she comes over and I start giving her nose rubs and that long e-lop body and that narrow head sinks down in between those front pause and soaks them in.

In between binkies and my occasional nodding off, she got lots of nose rubs in. Just before the normal time for water bottle filling and food dish filling, Daisy came over and layed down near me and I was giving her more nose rubs. I heard a noise and I looked up and she had flopped on her side while I was giving her her rubs. I called out to my son Josh and told him to get the camera and be stealthy about it. He managed to get these pictures for me of Daisy.

Daisyallfloppedoutfromnoserubs10-21.jpg

DaveDaisyallstretchedoutfromnoserub.jpg

By the time this picture was taken, after all the flashes, she was suspecting something was up.

Daisyallstretchedoutfromnoserubs10-.jpg

Have to share - I'm home - and you should see Miss Nyx...oh wow - she's HUGE. I'll share pics soon.

My shirt looked like yours tonight when we went into McDonald's cause Zeus rode to the airport w/ Art & Robin and I held him in the car for a while.

I really like that as a fashion statement though - I think it shows folks that we're truly owned by bunnies.

I thought you might like to see updated pictures of Nyx.

I couldn't find my good camera so I used my old yucky one..but still yet....here she is.

100_1416-1.jpg

100_1409-1.jpg

100_1414-1.jpg

100_1423-1.jpg

100_1425-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back