Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a spot in the bunny room where all the buns when they are out like to go to and pee and poop. So after Thumper passed away I took his old litter pan, put some litter in it, puppy training pad underneath it and sat it in that spot. A few buns are using it so thats promising.

I also tell you that to tell you this. It blocks the space behind Titans cage, several of the buns like to squeeze between his cage and the wall, while walking on the hot water heat vent guard.

Miss Daisy (knew it was coming didn't you) hopped into the litter box the other day, took care of some business, then turned around and looked at the litter pan (has a high back), looked at the wall, looked at the space between the litter pan, the wall and to the hot water heat guard, then hopped inbetween all that to get her self to the space behind Titans cage and crawl through to space infront of Rudy's cage. I didn't think she could squeeze her body back there. Then she continued along the side and back of Rudy's cage and the wall and there was a 90 degree bend and she did it! Long ears trailing behind her.

MooMoo.jpg

Now Miss Moo Moo has been doing this before we got Daisey. She started peeing and pooping in the corner of her cage opposite of her litter box. So I moved the litter box and she started to pee and poop in the spot where the litterbox was! Crazy rabbit.

lol thats a really funny story. My rabbits when free roaming also told me where to put the litter box by not going in but going in a corner so i put the box there and they used it.

Last night when I was in the bunny room, I reached in to Velvets cage to give her some nose rubs. She grunted and charged me. Velvet hasn't done that in a long time. While she was nursing Lil Blue and living with her, Velvet was a doting mother. She was really sweet and loved when I reached in to give her some petting. The loss of Lil Blue is begining to hit her I think, poor girl.

I'm at my aunt's and have a moment on the computer to share a Nyx story.

Yesterday Art opened the back door to air out the house - and he put up the baby gate.

That didn't matter to Nyx - she was having playtime and decide that the grass looked more interesting than the house. So out she went....or should I say "up and over"??

Art had to chase her around for about 10 minutes to catch her and then make the gate higher by putting another gate with it.

She considered jumping AGAIN even though it was about 4' tall.....but decided to go back to her cage and mope.

I'd love to have been there to watch my non-athletic husband chase a 11 pound rabbit around the yard - with her getting the best of him.

Glad he's patient and loving man...

TinysMom wrote:

Yesterday Art opened the back door to air out the house - and he put up the baby gate.

That didn't matter to Nyx - she was having playtime and decide that the grass looked more interesting than the house. So out she went....or should I say "up and over"??

Art had to chase her around for about 10 minutes to catch her and then make the gate higher by putting another gate with it.

She considered jumping AGAIN even though it was about 4' tall.....but decided to go back to her cage and mope.

I'd love to have been there to watch my non-athletic husband chase a 11 pound rabbit around the yard - with her getting the best of him.

:laugh::rofl::roflmao:

My son who is going through jet engine mechanic school at Sheppard Air Force Base in TX called tonight. So I walked back to the bunny room where the noise of the TV and people talking wouldn't bother me.

I decided to let Daisy out while I was on the phone. She did a lot of binkies of all kinds, speed binkies, jump and twist binkies, bunny hop binkies etc. All was going fine, then she decided she wanted to explore more. I have some areas blocked off with NIC panels. Evidently I have some more adjustments to make. Daisy got around them. She got in areas that I thought were inaccessible. She would do something naughty then come up to me give me "your not mad at me Dad are you I love you" face and for some pets,then go off and do something naughty I would say Daisy "NO" and she would come back and get me the same look and want some pets.

What a bunny!

Now when I let peanut out he was a good boy for the most part. He tried to rearrange a few things but he enjoyed his time out also, with quite a variety of binkies. He doesn't look for things to get into, unlike Daisy.

TinysMom wrote:

That's our Nyxie! Naughty girl! :p Poor Art...

I have to say that she inherited the jumping tendencies from her mama, Sweetie. Sweetie jumped over a double-height NIC wall (that would be 4 feet, right?) and straight into Dave's arms. No running start - she did it from a sitting position, just like she had a spring in her behind! She was trying to get away from her 6 kits that were driving her crazy. ("Arrrgghh...get me away from these kids!!!") This recent litter of 4 was more her "speed". She seemed to really enjoy having them all with her until the cage was just too crowded.

This morning while feeding and watering the rabbits, Daisy was at her cage door pounding to get out. So I thought why not, she can hop around while I take care of things.

I don't know if its e-lops, but she is the most curious bun and I swear goes out of her way to get behind things.

This morning I looked over and she had gotten behind the tub of bun food, behind Velvet and Pudges cage and was trying to climb it. She decided she couldn't or decided it was time to go back to her house but she got her left front paw caught in a old hay rack next to Velvets cage. She paniced and before I could get to her she had gotten herself out of it and went to her cage.

The paw doesn't flop like its broken, she put a little weight on it to get back to her cage. I examined her and felt around, nothing seemed out of place, although she didn't like me touching the joint or messing with her paw. She doesn't seem to be in any pain.

When I put her back into her cage, she folded the hurt paw back against her body and bunny loafed. I am going to check her again when I get home and see if she can put some weight on it. If she cannot, Karen (Wabbitmom) will take her to the vet tommorrow.

I am hoping it is just sprained. So if you could say a prayer for her that would be nice.

Thanks
Dave

Uhoh. Do you have any metacam on hand for her, for the time being?

Prayers for Daisy sent your way... and for you, Karen and your family.

Denise

Thanks

Well Daisy is putting a little weight on it tonight when I got home. I checked her leg and paw and she didn't flinch, but when I squeezed the joint she tried to jump out of my arms. So I feeling pretty confident that is just a sprain.

Whew... that is good news that she will probably get better with a few days of taking it easy (if you think you will be able to make her behave...lol) Poor little girl is really giving you a workout with her first few days of being in her new home. ;)

myheart

I just read through the last two pages (catching up a bit, as I'm not in the forum as much as I'd like to be)...and first wanted to give you and Karen (((HUGS))) over the loss of Lil Blue. :( It must have been so tough for all of you to go through. ..:hug1

As for Miss Daisy's leg, sounds like she'll recover in no time and be her usual devilish e-self! LOL...after reading the last two pages I found myself laughing out loud, and honestly thinking, "Ha! Now the 'wabbitclan' will know what I have to live with!" (Insert evilish internet laughter here ;)) I've had several rabbits over the years, from 'mutts' to Polish, to a NZ white to NDs, to a Dutch, and to even a champagne d'argent (and still don't know nearly as much as many here on the forum in terms of rabbit knowledge), but I swear to you, owning an e-lop is a whole 'tirely different venture. It's like going from black and white tv to color; or from watching fireworks on television to seeing them live; or...or...from listening to Pat Boone on a phonograph and then putting on a CD of Aerosmith! E-lops just refuse to believe they are rabbits. They are little hoomans in disguise; they put Dennis the Menace to shame in terms of the trouble they can find! And it sounds like Daisy is just beginning to wet her heels in the pond of all things Englishloppian. Just you guys wait...hehehehe....

(btw, one thing I've noticed in both e-lops that I've had is...they HATE (with a capital H) being confined. When I first put Yofi in his original dog crate, he spent most of his time trying to find a way out. Then when he and Anna bonded I graduated both of them to a combined crate...the one I have now that's originally made to house a Great Dane...and Sir Yofi - hell-bent on escaping - tried to rattle, eat, and tunnel, his way out. When he couldn't accomplish that he instead focused upon upsetting or uprooting everything that was in the cage in protest. So I finally gave in and decided to leave the cage open all the time, and give the two of them the run of the entire bedroom while I was at work...and Yofi decided after a day or so that this wasn't enough either. He's tried burrowing under the carpet, digging through the door, and even attempted an escape route through the wall. So far though, I can still contain him...knock on chewed wood.)

Just warning y'all, cuz there might come a day when you have to buy Daisy her own house.... :biggrin2:

Thanks for the warning! Compared to all the other rabbits, Daisy seems to go out of her way to find things.

I went in to feed the bunny's and check water bottles this morning and yes Daisy was pushing on the cage door, rattling it to come out. I wanted to check on how her left front paw was doing so I gave in. SHE IS HEALED! at first she was hesitant to come out then quickly got over that and was doing binkies and running around the room. I was watching her hurt paw and she was putting her full weight on it.

Thanks everyone for your prayers, I was really worried.

Latest posts

Back