Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I demand lots of pictures!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Well, we were down three buns, Thumper passed away, Nyx/Houdini is with Peg and one of the two remaining bucks has gone to a new home. There was an empty cage and she did talk me into one. Its Karen's fault, she left to go do some mystery shops and left me alone with our friend and her e-lops. You know thefriend I told you could sell ice to an eskimo.

So without further ado here is Daisy Mae or Daisy:

Daisy79-21-09.jpg

Oh my.....she is ADORABLE. I can see why you couldn't resist...and bringing home one is good. I was afraid you'd bring all four home.

I can see how you couldn't resist that face - at some point - I think I'd like to have an e-lop. Probably not for a few years....

But I can see why you said "yes" to her.

This is a bun we call Lil Blue. She is a sweet litle girl, who has overcome a lot. Lil Blue is very active and her splay legs don't slow her down. However, (there's always a however) I think she may need more specialcare. I would like to find a very loving home for her.

Dave

Here are some pictures of her:

DSCN1183-1-1.jpg

DSCN0894.jpg

DSCN1153-1.jpg

DSCN0794.jpg

DSCN0743.jpg

I would like to find a very loving home for her.

Dave

OH...

MY...
GAWSH!!!!!!
:thud:

She is adorable!!! (I'm so excited my font's gone all wonky...LOL)

I knew you'd get one! I knew you'd get one!! Hehe...as soon as I read that you had been offered an E-lop I just knew it, and so today I scrambled here to see. After all, how can one resist? (Yeah right, it's all Karen's fault...:p)

And Daisy is beautiful! Lookit those EARS! And those FEETZ! And that NOSE!! She's giving Yofi some pretty stiff competition already...;)...speaking of whom...I must not show him these pictures, or Anna will be so jealous... I can't wait to hear what kind of trouble your Daisy gets into over the next few months....and she will...trust me...(I talk from Yofisperience.) btw, I love her name; but then I'm biased, as daisies are my favorite flower.

*Oh, and I must say that Blueberry is one gorgeous bunny too; Rexes are such wonderful bunnies. :D

aaww...Lil Blue...another gorgeous bun. I absolutely love her ears. :inlove: (LOL @ that blur of a picture of her; she must be a going concern despite her splay legs!)

Bassetluv wrote:
aaww...Lil Blue...another gorgeous bun. I absolutely love her ears. :inlove: (LOL @ that blur of a picture of her; she must be a going concern despite her splay legs!)

The splay legs haven't slowedLil Bluedown one bit. Tonight while cleaning cages her and her mom Velvet were out and she was doing binkies.

My son just informed me that while I was running the vacuum in the bunny room (I am letting Daisy get used to the vac slowly) she was on the couch with him. He reached over to get his cup of water and she darted over his legs and headed for his laptop power cord. He quickly put his cup down and reached for her. Luckily she had not chewed on anything yet. After that she kept nudging his hand and trying to push past him.

My son just informed me that while I was running the vacuum in the bunny room (I am letting Daisy get used to the vac slowly) she was on the couch with him. He reached over to get his cup of water and she darted over his legs and headed for his laptop power cord. He quickly put his cup down and reached for her. Luckily she had not chewed on anything yet. After that she kept nudging his hand and trying to push past him.

LOL...a true bunny imp in the making! Sounds like not only will Lil Blue's unique leggings not slow her down, but I betcha she'll be able to get away with a lot more too. ;) (Those ginormous ears alone would be enough of a pushover for me anyway!)

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Yeah, and she gives the sweetest little nose-nudges, too.:inlove:
I love it when bunnies do that! Both Anna and Yofi do it, but not every rabbit I've had has done it. (I figure it's their way of saying, "yo mom, I luv ya...now where's mai fud?" :biggrin2:)

I forgot to mention our Rudy suffered an injury the other day. I went in to take care of the buns and found a patch of blood on the floor. I checked the bums of Daisy and Rudy as they were the only two buns out, nothing.

Then I checked Rudy again and he had broken a nail. We just trimmed his nails a couple of days before. He wasn't bleeding anymore and the large banana chip eased his discomfort.

How severe are Lil' Blue's splay legs? There must be some sort of grading scale as to severity, right? Are there concerns about arthritis or anything as she gets older and gains more weight and size? Would she be okay with carpeting, or is vinyl better for her to scoot around on? Do you think she is bondable as a submissive, or is she a dominant? Not sure I have any other questions... :?

myheart

myheart wrote:
How severe are Lil' Blue's splay legs? There must be some sort of grading scale as to severity, right? Are there concerns about arthritis or anything as she gets older and gains more weight and size? Would she be okay with carpeting, or is vinyl better for her to scoot around on? Do you think she is bondable as a submissive, or is she a dominant? Not sure I have any other questions... :?

myheart

I don't know how to clasify them as to severity. Since the front legs are splayed I am not sure about what the potential medical issues are. Right now she is her best on carpeting. I often find her laying on top of her mom,I think she is a submissive bun. Her left front leg seems to be the more splayed one, she uses her right front leg to lift herself up.

Dave

:(A rather tragic event happened very late Friday night. Lil Blue was out and when my son went to put her back she jumped out of his arms when he entered the bunny room and suffered a serious injury.

We took her to the emergency animal clinic anddue to the injuries she suffered the recommendation was to put her to sleep. It was not an easy decision to make but we believe it was for the best.:rainbow:

Latest posts

Back