Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sharlaelizabeth wrote:
I'm so sorry about Lil Blue. :tears2: She was adorable.

On another note, I"m so in love with the bun in your avatar! I think the cuteness might actually be killing me. lol

Thank you.

The bun in my avatar is Mr. Muffin, he went over the bridge earlier this year, he was a hollad lop bun who won several awards at shows. He loved to snuggle under your chin or on your shoulder. He would never poop on anyone except my wife, I told her but honey he is marking you as his! She loved him too. He was a ladies man too, he would only chin cages that had a doe in them.

Here is a little update on Miss Daisy. I filled up her tp tube with fresh hay and decided to let her out for awhile. She did a binkie straight up, it was funny as her ears going up and down looked like she was trying to fly. Then she did a couple of more binkies!

I am not sure if she is dissatisfied with her living arrangements or what. I think she is house hunting.

Today, she chased Sweetie out of her cage and looked around, poor Sweetie had to wait until Daisy left before she went back towards her cage. She tried once and Daisy wouldn't move out of the door way.

Just a few minutes ago, she went up to Rudy's cage, his door was open, groomed him. He loved that, she explored the rabbit room and went back to Rudy's cage, he was ready for some more groomin and like a flash she was in his cage trying to chase him out. She came out and hopped back over to me to get some pets.

I think she likes the other cages, but the current occupants don't want to leave yet. Miss Daisy is just going to have to remodel, I guess. Different carpet, maybe some new drapes...

Well this morning when I got up it was well past 8:30am (didn't go to bed until 2am) 2 hours past breakfast time for the buns.

When I went into the bunny room I was greated with looks of "its about time, do you know how long we've been waiting?"(paws on hips, feet tapping). When I got ready to feed the first bun, Pudge, she picked up her cardboard box and flung it to the side, looked in her dish, looked back at me with the "well.....what are you waiting for slave, put the food in the darn dish!"I put the food in her dish, she was nice she waited for me to put it in. She then proceeded to eat her breakfast.

I gotsimiliar looks from a few others too, but now that they are fed and water bottles refilled, I can probably go back in later without fearing for my safety.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Well this morning when I got up it was well past 8:30am (didn't go to bed until 2am) 2 hours past breakfast time for the buns.

When I went into the bunny room I was greated with looks of "its about time, do you know how long we've been waiting?"(paws on hips, feet tapping). When I got ready to feed the first bun, Pudge, she picked up her cardboard box and flung it to the side, looked in her dish, looked back at me with the "well.....what are you waiting for slave, put the food in the darn dish!"I put the food in her dish, she was nice she waited for me to put it in. She then proceeded to eat her breakfast.

I gotsimiliar looks from a few others too, but now that they are fed and water bottles refilled, I can probably go back in later without fearing for my safety.
Haha, oh they expect so much outa you! Hope my Smudge doesnt get like that :rollseyes I dont know what ill do, i dont get up till past noon.

O.k. so I switched Daisy, e-lop,from a bowl to a gravity feeder because she was standing in the food dish with her front paws pushing her food onto the floor. This morning I was a little behind schedule. The wind temporarily knocked out power last night. Our home pc for whatever reason has a quirk when it boots up. Karen doesn't know how to take care of this so she left me a note. This took me about ten minutes to fix and the buns were letting me know that breakfast was late.

So I walk into the bunny room and who is looking at me with this little grin on her face, I am not kidding I think Daisy was grinning. She had pulled the gravity feeder off her cage wall, it clipped on the wall and food was all over the place. I think she did this so when I opened her cage door she could get out. Bingo, as soon as I opened the door to fix the problem she flew out the door, her ears generating some extra lift so I couldn't stop her. Being nimble and quick it took a few minutes to herd her back into her cage, especially when the herdee was not too keen about going back into her humble abode.

Is thissneakerygenetic in e-lops?

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Bingo, as soon as I opened the door to fix the problem she flew out the door, her ears generating some extra lift so I couldn't stop her. Being nimble and quick it took a few minutes to herd her back into her cage, especially when the herdee was not too keen about going back into her humble abode.
:rofl:Too funny! She must have glided for a long while with THOSE ears!

Tomorrow take the video camera with u...I dont know if Im more curious to see her have lift off or you chasing her...Mr. Nimble lmao

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
So I walk into the bunny room and who is looking at me with this little grin on her face, I am not kidding I think Daisy was grinning. She had pulled the gravity feeder off her cage wall, it clipped on the wall and food was all over the place. I think she did this so when I opened her cage door she could get out. Bingo, as soon as I opened the door to fix the problem she flew out the door, her ears generating some extra lift so I couldn't stop her. Being nimble and quick it took a few minutes to herd her back into her cage, especially when the herdee was not too keen about going back into her humble abode.

Is thissneakerygenetic in e-lops?
Maybe Houdini/Nyx left instructions before she left on how to escape?

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
Maybe Houdini/Nyx left instructions before she left on how to escape?

Shhhh.....no one was supposed to know about that. Peanut must've shared the note I left him.

I knew I never should've trusted him.

Fancy77 wrote:
Tomorrow take the video camera with u...I dont know if Im more curious to see her have lift off or you chasing her...Mr. Nimble lmao
When I said nimble I was referring to Daisy, not me! I am way to old to be nimble, spry maybe.;)

Well you know all the wars the English and the French had many, many years ago. Daisy (English Lop)hasn't and must hold a grudge. I have quite a few buns in my herd and the only one she will fight with is Rudy my French Lop.

Once again the cunning of e-lop, she slipped out of her cage while I was filling up her food dish. Rudy, who has free roam of the bunny room, was out, I wasn't planning on letting her out.. Before I could react they were into it, fur flying everywhere, Rudy ran for his cage and Daisy was glaring at him from the outside.

I think those big ears were used like ninja num-chucks against Rudy.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I think those big ears were used like ninja num-chucks against Rudy.
Did u remove any of the other items that could b used as weapons in her cage...if not I would suggest it. U might have WW3 on your hand is u don't ;)

I probably shouldn't be laughing at this as rabbit fights are NOT fun....but I suspect we're going to read about Daisy and her exploits a LOT in your blog.

How is every other bun doing? Have they adjusted to Daisy?

How's Peanut?

Peanut is AWESOME!!

We had him out this evening and he had so much fun. Dave couldn't get but 1 or 2 pictures because he kept running back and forth on the couch. He came up to me and jumped onto my lap to be loved on for a few minutes, then back down to play, then back onto the lap for more nose rubs.

He definitely has his parents' dispositions. Very sweet, calm. I also feel silly calling him peanut anymore, because he is geting BIG! I'm sure Nyx still has him outweighed (don't tell her I said so..we all know how touchy women are about their weight!), but he definitely has outgrown his name. I suggested to Dave that we change it, but he says, "But he knows his name!" And, he does. He even comes when called, a rare trait in a rabbit, I know.

His coat has become thick and luxurious the past couple of weeks. At the show 2 weeks ago, he still a bit of that fluffy baby coat going on, but not anymore! His coloring is gorgeous, too...deep black, no sign of brown "smut", as Pamnock would say.

We are attending a show nearby on 10/17 and I am anxious to see how he does!

Latest posts

Back