Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'll be breeding Nyx:

DSCF0778-1.jpg

with Mercury:

100_1222-1.jpg

for her first breeding later this year.

Can you imagine the babies from these two?

Heaven help us all - the cuteness will break the camera..

I talked to a friend today who breeds English lops. I have always wanted one and she has one pet quality (torn ear tip) free and 3 show quality for sale.

Now this is what I want everyone to do for me TELL ME NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

kirbyultra wrote:
No! :shock:Do not not get the English lop bunny! You no you want to. ;)

:yeahthat: What every you do, Dave, DO (not) get the loppy-sweetie-cutie-squishy bunny who needs a free home!!! :p

(How was that.... did I help?)

myheart

Oh Dave - a part of me says, "yes, yes yes" - and a part of me says "no". No matter what you decide - I'll support you - but here are my reasons for the "no"...

If you get that many rabbits - will you be able to enjoy the ones you currently have - or will you become overwhelmed with the extra bunny duties? (It seems like you do most of the bunny care - but I could be wrong).

Will your other rabbits get less playtime because now you'll have more that need exercise?

Do you have the funds available if your rabbits should get sick - because you now have 3 more to watch out for?

Do you have space for these without having to reduce the space your others have?

I love English Lops and you are a great bunny slave - but it is so easy to say "yes" and then wind up feeling overwhelmed...and if I'm reading your post correctly - it sounds like your talking about four ELops total?

Just my .02

I would say yes but not to all at most 2. All due to what Peg said.

I am resisting quite well to the bunny cuteness. Common sense is taking control over the urge to get the bun. Must resist a little longer...plus the herd is fine and no more additions unless planned preggiesor until someone crosses the rainbow bridge which better be for a long time!

Everyone helps with the buns, I just get the envious job of cleaning cages!

I thought I had my pc up and running again last night and it was right up to when I upgraded IE 6.0 which comes with my Windows XP disc to IE 8 andrebooted Windows would not work. So I have come to the conclusion that the hard drive is bad and I will have to install a new one tonight and begin the fun process of reinstalling everything. Oh joy!

Then I can upload the pictures I have been taking (really I have) and post them, my daughter can upload music to her Zune, play her Sims game and Karen can work on resume's.

Monday night I got my Nibbles out for some lovin. Normally she takes a minute or two then its let me go, I need to inspect my royal lands. She snuggled down in my arms and let me pet her and pet her and when my arm got tired she nudged me for more. I must have given her the right amount of attention, when I put her back into her house I didn't get thumped or the bunny back!:)

Good will power, Dave! I honestly don't know how you folks with >10 buns do it. My 2 keep me SO BUSY. Cage cleaning, feedings, salad prep, litter box cleaning... Your family must do an awesome job dividing the chores :)

That is a huge bummer about your HD. It takes hours to get everything back to where you need it to be.

My husbun and I are both sorta computer people so we of course mess up our computers pretty often. What we find helps is having a slave hard drive that doesn't contain the Windows OS, just contains our data. Don't know if you have that or not. You still have to reinstall Windows and programs on the primary drive but a least you don't have to worry about lost files and data.

Nibbles approves of you... for today :)

Its taking a lot of self control, my friend who has the english lops could sell ice to an Eskimo!

Yea I have a slave drive with all our pictures, docs etc on it. Learned my lesson the hard way from work. So I set up one for home too.

A friend is going to sell me an 250GB HD for $40 bucks, it used but is 3 times the size of the one we have. Then my son found out and he wants to give us his 160GB HD for this 250GB so he can load more games on it!

Hopefully by this weekend!

We have a rabbit show on Saturday, going to take 4 Flemmies, 1 lionhead, 1 nethie and mini lop. Should be fun, haven't been to one in a while.

kirbyultra wrote:
Good will power, Dave! I honestly don't know how you folks with >10 buns do it. My 2 keep me SO BUSY. Cage cleaning, feedings, salad prep, litter box cleaning... Your family must do an awesome job dividing the chores :)
HAHA Atleast he has kids here it is just me and Rob! 11bunnies 3gps 1dog 1skink :bunnydance:and one gecko.

kirbyultra wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
HAHA Atleast he has kids here it is just me and Rob! 11bunnies 3gps 1dog 1skink :bunnydance:and one gecko.
:faint:

Lol didnt count Zora but she leaves Saturday night. :(Will miss her she is a sweetheart.

Dear first slaves (aka mom & dad),

I've been here for a few weeks now and I thought I'd give you an update so you can share it with my brothers and mama.

Tell mama I miss her a lot - she didn't nag like Sophia does. Sophia seems to think she's a "second mama" to me and tells me what to do sometimes. Good thing I have big feet to flick her off with. Still yet..sometimes I like cuddling with her.

I've been putting on weight - but I just can't help myself with the diet we have here. I get two types of hay...plus the regular food which is a mixture of four types of bunny pellets - then the flemmie topper of calf manna and another show rabbit type of pellet and oatmeal. I also get some pieces of banana and some pieces of carrots too. Its hard to keep my trim figure...but Sophia tells me I'm supposed to turn out to look like her when I'm older. I keep telling her "nuh..uh.." cause she's FAT. Still yet..the boys seem to like the way she looks...

Can you slap Peanut for me? He gave away the fact that I did secret missions...As soon as I finish sneaking my cell phone into my cage (its now half in) - I'm calling him in for being a traitor to the Federal Bun Investigators. I think he's just jealous cause he wasn't picked.

I do miss living there sometimes - like when I can't find a way to escape my cage. Didn't you tell these people I needed a NIC pen? They put me in something that has a top to it- now I can't get out - although I've almost figured out how the door works.

Well - I guess thats it - I'm gonna go look pititful at my new mom as she hands out carrots - maybe I'll get the biggest one this time instead of Sophia!

Pet my mom for me - but not my brothers!

Nyx aka Houdini

Well Nyx one of your brothers is living in southern Indiana now. He went with a family after the rabbit show yesterday. They like him alot because his big like your dad.

So here are a few pictures I pulled off of camera from last week, before the computer died.

Blueberry, I don't think, was enjoying her brushing and nail trim she had.

Blueberry9-9-09beingbrushing.jpg

This picture I think says something different, to me it says aren't I beautiful!

Blueberry9-9-09afterbrushing.jpg

Pudge was upset I wasn't paying her enough attention the other night and was demanding I look at her.

Pudge9-12-09.jpg

Velvet and Lil Blue

VelvetandLilBlue9-12-09.jpg

O wow your Velvet is so big and beautiful. good luck at the show...((and i say you should take the E-lop then ill take is off your hands when i get my own place again :D))

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Just to let eveyone know, my friend with the english lops tried to give me a two for one deal Saturday at the rabbit show.
[align=center]
AND?????[/align]

Well, we were down three buns, Thumper passed away, Nyx/Houdini is with Peg and one of the two remaining bucks has gone to a new home. There was an empty cage and she did talk me into one. Its Karen's fault, she left to go do some mystery shops and left me alone with our friend and her e-lops. You know thefriend I told you could sell ice to an eskimo.

So without further ado here is Daisy Mae or Daisy:

Daisy19-21-09.jpg

Daisy29-21-09.jpg

Daisy39-21-09.jpg

Daisy59-21-09.jpg

Daisy69-21-09.jpg

Daisy79-21-09.jpg

Daisy89-21-09.jpg

Latest posts

Back