Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday when I was cleaning cages I had let out all of the baby bunny's, Velvet's and Sweeties. All the little ones were playing with each other exploring the bunny room. I had left Velvets door open and Sweeties baby's were going into Velvet and Little Blues cage and Velvet wasn't upset about it at all! Normally she is very territorial of her house, but evidently her maternal instincts cause her to behave differently. Sweeties baby's were grooming their Auntie and she seemed to love it.

Sorry I didn't get any pictures, as my hands were lets say less then sanitary at this point. I had gotten around to Carmels cage. Now all the baby's are still out and Velvet is in her house with the door open. When I open Carmels cage he flys out onto the floor. Velvet comes charging out of her house and grunts at Carmel and places herself between Carmel and ALL the baby's. She was protecting Sweeties and hers. Velvet chased Carmel into a corner and kept him there. Velvet didn't try and bite him at any time, nor when she had him in the corner. I went over scooped up Carmel and put him back into his cage and finished cleaning. Velvet then hopped back into her house and laid down.

Now most of the baby's were back in their respective homes. I say most because there was a certain little, well not so little, black flemmie behind her Momma's cage. Miss Houdini would not come out, I even got my little prodding stick and she would budge. I always let Titan out while I clean his cage, must easier when a 20 pound rabbit is not in your way. Finally, Ms. Houdini decides to come out. Father and daughter meet, it was so cute, he groomed her then she groomed him (I did manage to get pictures of this). Titan then proceedrf to taunt Thumper in his cage. I was able to scoop up Houdini and put her back into the cage with the other black flemmies.

I know I keep saying I am going to post pictures and I will hopefully this weekend. We are in the middle of a computer transition and my son has set up one of his pc's that runs the Linux operating system and it is very confusing. So if he does what he says he is going to do, I should be able to post pics this weekend.

OMG i cant wait for u to post more pics of them...I love flemies they are so cute! And im glad u had no problem letting all babies play with eachother.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Now most of the baby's were back in their respective homes. I say most because there was a certain little, well not so little, black flemmie behind her Momma's cage. Miss Houdini would not come out, I even got my little prodding stick and she would budge. I always let Titan out while I clean his cage, must easier when a 20 pound rabbit is not in your way. Finally, Ms. Houdini decides to come out. Father and daughter meet, it was so cute, he groomed her then she groomed him (I did manage to get pictures of this). Titan then proceedrf to taunt Thumper in his cage. I was able to scoop up Houdini and put her back into the cage with the other black flemmies.

I know I keep saying I am going to post pictures and I will hopefully this weekend. We are in the middle of a computer transition and my son has set up one of his pc's that runs the Linux operating system and it is very confusing. So if he does what he says he is going to do, I should be able to post pics this weekend.

Oh - I understand. Houdini wanted a chance to talk to her papa and was waiting for you to get out of the way

I tell you - that little sweetie gets blamed for so much...I bet her mama was hiding her and giving her messages to give to Titan for mama....

By the way - it is the weekend now...pictures anytime would be great!

:D

O.k. here are some pictures as promised! My son finally got the pc up and running, lost some stuff.

So in no particular order, because I can'tremember the order to begin with. Here are some of Little Blue, blue flemmie.

Littlebluetranced28-5-09.jpg

Littlebluetranced38-5-09.jpg

This is me after a day at a family reunion of people somehow related to my wife.

Littlebluetranced8-9-09.jpg

Titan8-12-09.jpg

Titan grooming one his kids.

TitanandKid8-12-09.jpg

TitanandKidpic28-12-09.jpg

I actually had a couple of Blueberry last night snuggling on my lap, but they did not come out very good.

Yesterday, while I was cleaning cages, Tiny our REW nethie went behind Sweeties cage and would not come out. I even got my knudge stick and he turned and fought the stick and still wouldn't come out! How did I get all the stubornbuns?

Poor Wabbitmom will not likely be on the forum today, she is not feeling very well. Last weekend Kristin had the flu and now Karen has it, not the blurb kind but the kind she described as someone standing on her stomach. I am hoping I will avoid it with our trip coming up in 10 days.

:shock:

LOL who is that one?

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
This bunny will say it was setup, but I don't think so, escape artist in action.

Theescape8-16-09.jpg

Ahh....but when your littermates keep chasing you out of the cage cause you're so cute....what can a girl do?

Give Houdini a snuggle for me..and tell her someone understands that she keeps getting set-up and wouldn't get into trouble on her own....

lol i love the bunny tryin to sneak off lol that reminds me of the ferrets i had when i was younger they always where trying to escape.

We had gone without rain for quite a while around here, a scattered shower but nothing significant. This past week however we got about 4-5 inches of rain. When my son and I went to move a limb out of the yard, we had flea's jumping onto our legs! I have never had that happenedbefore ever! We went into the garage and we had dozens jumping onto to us. The rain must havecaused the eggs to hatch, has anyone else had this problem this year? I am glad I didn't take the buns out.

Quickly used lysol and vacuumed them off and then the area in the garage where they were jumping on us too. I then used a whole bunch of salt in the garage where they were.

Well this weekend we are getting ready to go toSan Antonio, Texas to see my son graduate from basic training and to meet Peg, Art and ZEUS!!!

Well off to work on m honey do list.

I am going to try and post a bunny of the day or two of my herd, so I can get some new pictures posted of them.

Don't know who I am going to start with but I am not too good about posting pictures now that I have a digital camera at my immediate disposal. So hopefully this will get my butt in gear and get pictures up.

Its been really crazy around here, I am not very happy with my job right now (suffering some depression issues) and been having car repair problems, Karen stillhasn't found a jobetc.:cry1:I know men are suppose to be strong, but this stuff has been going on for over a year and its taking its toll.

There are two shining spots in my day, when I come home to my family and when I am around my bunny's. The rest of my life would make the biggest non drinker consider chugging a beer!

So, today, in between packing for my trip to see my son this week, I hope to get some pictures of a bunny or two.

Dave

:hug: I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going so well for you. Everyone is feeling the pinch right now. Just remember, you get to go home to a family that loves you, and a bunch of bunnies that love you (as long as you have treats! ;)). A lot of people don't have either. The bunnies are just a bonus smile waiting to happen! :)

I just typed up instructions for my son for caring for the buns, thats my job at night, I didn't realize what little quirks I cater too. This is the first time since I've been into bunny's that I will be leaving them. Such a nervous bunny parent!;)

Peg tell Zeus I have his Crasins, a whole bag just for him he doesn't even have to share unless he wants to!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Peg tell Zeus I have his Crasins, a whole bag just for him he doesn't even have to share unless he wants to!

Did you read about his craisin adventure in the "Free-roaming rabbits" thread today in the main forum? If not - make sure you don't miss it....you'll definitely see his LOVE for craisins.

I actually told him he couldn't have any more craisins for a few days and he thumped me off and sulked. I'll let him have his spring mix and carrots and stuff until Wednesday and then I'll let him have the craisins when you see him.....it will be his first time in days.

Better wear gloves...

Latest posts

Back