Wabbitdads Wabbit Herd 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! GRATS!

450 buns? My goodnessss! That is so much.
At our rabbits shows here, there are MAYBE 100, I can't imagine 450 :shock:

and your bunnies brought home some beautiful ribbons out of the other buns.
Congratulations!

Shainabee wrote:
450 buns? My goodnessss! That is so much.
At our rabbits shows here, there are MAYBE 100, I can't imagine 450 :shock:

and your bunnies brought home some beautiful ribbons out of the other buns.
Congratulations!
Our county has the biggest 4-H rabbit club in the country, from what I understand. It's quite a production. Most of the kids who show have several rabbits.

Thank you both, on their first night home I gave them each a couple of craisins and banana chips.

It was really nice seeing the ribbons above each of the rabbits cages at the fair.

:pssd:Argh! This is actually Wabbitdad, once again I forgot to see who was logged in.

I just realized that I haven't posted in my blog for a while. So here is a general update on whats been going on. I just heard from my son in Air Force basic training, getting most of the updates from his girlfriend (go figure!) yesterday. He is doing well and his flight (equal to a platoon) is on its way to becoming an honor flight and getting some special honors.

The buns are doing well and the baby flemmies are eating me out of house and home! In Sweeties litter its hard to tell who the runt is anymore. Velvets baby looks like it might have some birth defects with its front legs. We weren't sure at first because it was so little but its quite apparent now. Hasn't slowed it down at all, he/she binkies and zooms around. Just has a little trouble walking, so sweet too, pretty eyes and gorgeous ears!

There is one bun in Sweeties litter I may have mentioned that we call it Houdini because it escapes from its pen all the time. Well I had it stopped for a while, then when I was cleaning cages the other day I heard a commotion behind me and saw her on top of the cage looking at me. So I added to the enclosure and for the moment she is stumped. I think she is just analyzing the situation to determine how to get around it.

Now I don't know if I should mention this next part because it will eliminated any excuse I have for not posting pictures of the bunsin a timely manner. I had been borrow the one from work on occasion. Karen and I were given some money to buy a digital camera for our trip to see my oldest graduate from basic training. I picked up a Nikon Coolpix L20, not the SLR I would have liked but its a really nice camera with some amazing capabilities.

coolpix-l20.jpg

Our last digital camera a Kodak expired at the same time as the warranty on it. So I decided not to go with that brand again, just a little soured on Kodaks.

Karen took it to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo today with the kids and my son Josh's girlfriend. I elected to stay home and do laundry, mow the yard and clean the kitchen. Trying to score some of those elusive pointswith Karen, they must expire after awhile because I can never cash them in when I get myself in trouble.

Well I decided I would allow myself 15 minutes to post then it was off to unload the dishwasher and reload it again and that time is up.

I really love my Nikon Coolpix which is much much older than that - I'm finally going to have to replace it soon I think...let me know how you like this one (better yet...let me see it in San Antonio and feel it in my hands for weight, etc????).

I'm SOOOO counting down the days till you folks make it to Texas....

NICE camera Dave! I'm sure it will hold up better. I personally own a Pentax but it was on super sale, and it did the job. My old Fuji took really lousy video. I have family who uses Nikons and love them. They take a beating from the kids and keep on going.

Thank you, now I have no excuses from taking lots of bunny pics. I am glad they can take a beating, never know when one of my buns may not want the papperazi in their face.:biggrin2:

First its now less then 3 weeks until I get to meet Peg in Texas! My son is graduating from Air Force basic training and when we get to San Antonio, Peg and Art are going to meet us at the airport!

:yes::woohoo

Now for a rant!

Things are not going well at work and people are stabbing others in the back etc. Its really frustrating because I am asked to do alot of things, but no understanding when I can't get them done.

That's cool, Dave! Congrats on your son's achievement!

I know all about work woes. It must be real bad if there's back stabbing involved. Everyone is overworked, underpaid, and either sad or angry. Sometimes both. I think though as long as you work hard and stay true to your own work ethics and morals that you will live through it. People are not blind. When the dust settles it will be clear who did what to whom. And you know what, even if it doesn't work out the way we hope at least we can sleep at night and be able to live with ourselves. Good luck Dave!

I am so excited to know we're going to get to meet you folks....plus you're going to get to meet Zeus also since he is going to the vet in San Antonio that morning for a checkup (the only vet I would really trust him with).

I'm getting him a tote type carrier (I was pricing the baby stroller type ones) so if we eat somewhere - he can go with us.

TinysMom wrote:
I am so excited to know we're going to get to meet you folks....plus you're going to get to meet Zeus also since he is going to the vet in San Antonio that morning for a checkup (the only vet I would really trust him with).

I'm getting him a tote type carrier (I was pricing the baby stroller type ones) so if we eat somewhere - he can go with us.

:woohooI get to meet Zeus! I get to meet Zeus!

If I remember would he be able to have a craisin from Indiana!

kirbyultra wrote:
That's cool, Dave! Congrats on your son's achievement!

I know all about work woes. It must be real bad if there's back stabbing involved. Everyone is overworked, underpaid, and either sad or angry. Sometimes both. I think though as long as you work hard and stay true to your own work ethics and morals that you will live through it. People are not blind. When the dust settles it will be clear who did what to whom. And you know what, even if it doesn't work out the way we hope at least we can sleep at night and be able to live with ourselves. Good luck Dave!
I've never played office politics and I still won't. I have a couple of women complaining to me about the other, like I am suppose to choose sides. I nod and smile and look forward to going home to my bunny's and oh yeah the family!;)

I have a little "He-Man" action figure in my car for when I get mad while driving. I make angry faces at it, and it makes me feel better. My mum was the one who started that. She had a little warrior-guy action figure on her desk at work that she would make angry faces at if someone was bothering her. She said it never failed her! :p (Sorry, just a little tangent there... :p)

Okay my last gripe about work, then back to the bunny's. The person that finally came out to help me is one of the biggest, whatever it takes to keep my job, backstabbers there is. When I suspect that this person was told to come out to help, because this individual has never volunteered before, asked what are Bob and Time doing? These are the other two guys I work with in the warehouse, in other words why aren't they helping you? They can't keep up with all the stuff they are asked to do either. I had to explain why they couldn't help, then it was o.k. when I get done with lunch I will be out. Now to this persons credit, they helped a lot.

This person has management so snowed on how busy they are it is unreal. It is just so maddening because they get away with it all the time. There is nothing I can do about it so I am just going to do what I can and hope this all passes.

God has taken care of me and my family, don't get me wrong, I am grateful that I am working 40 hours five days a week. But somehow I can't help but worry this whole thing will come back and bite me in the buttocks.

O.k. now back to the bunny's.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

:woohooI get to meet Zeus! I get to meet Zeus!

If I remember would he be able to have a craisin from Indiana!
A craisin? As in one?

He might take off your fingers for that....he goes through a bag in about 2 weeks or so (he knows where the bag is beside the bed and he'll bring it to me to open).

But yes...he can have a craisin....

O.k. I and Wabbitmom took a whole bunch of pictures the other day of the black baby flemmies and Mr. Tiny our REW nethie and I can't find them. I looked on the camera and their not there! I really took quite a few and I was going to post them tonight honest!:shock:

Latest posts

Back