NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello. Welcome! I like big buns! So much fun. I have one myself.

Welcome, Evan55!!

Wow, your girl sounds beautiful...can't wait to see pictures! :)

I love big bunnies. My Flower is working on being as big asshe can. Right now, she's about 8lbs, and is about six monthsold. I don't know how much more she's going to grow, butwe'll see!

How fun...

I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Rosie*

Just thought I would introduce myslef here too.I'm Aly, 22 from Colorado. I had two sweet Netherland Dwarf boys, Howieand Leo I lost within a couple months of each other this year (Leo inJune and Howie in August).

Tomorrow I am going to a rabbit rescue to hopfully find a new furry little love to bring into my life. :)

Can't wait to get to know you all and your buns.

Aly :bunnydance:

Aww...welcome Aly! I'm so sorry tohear about your recent loss, but find it really wonderful to hear thatyou're going to adopt new babies. :)

I look forward to hearing all about your new bunny friends! :)

Rosie*

Aly,
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your bunns, but it's wonderful thatyou've decided to open you heart to somebunny (or bunnies) who needyour love!

You'll love it here on RO! I've learned so much since I first joined, and I've found that I am able to share new ideas too.

Also, the bunny on the right in your icon looks quite a bit like my boy Alfred!

-Amy

hi...

i have a bunny..for now ill call him oreo. my second son doesnot like that name so i think we need to give him another.. :?. hewants to call him rabbit:?.. i said ok why don't we call you boy.. hesaid no, and i said well the rabbit needs a name too.. he is only 4, myson that is.. :D..

so any how i asked for this rabbit b/c previous owner had left him insun all day and then was gonna just let him loose w/ wild bunnys.. :X..i know nothing about rabbits.. even though i was a vet teck for 15yrs.. ;):headflick:i just saw that pix.. and well i have nottaken a pix of my bunny yet.. but he looks just like that .. well ihave 3 boys that love the rabbit, but the rabbit is a bit scared bythem now.. in fact he is not even that keen on me yet.. :(iknow it will take time.. his previous owner won him at a fair, thengave him little attention.. so he needs to learn to trust humans.. iwas invited hear by Emily.. i don't know her sn hear, but she is amod.. and she has given me allot of help on another board as far asgetting started w/ this rabbit.. and i have all ready made somemistakes, but i am learning...

i still have lots of questions so i will be brosing thisforum.. he is an intack male and i will need to get him nuetered..don't have a spraying problem yet.. but i don't wanna go thereeither...lol

Hi my name is Zoya im 19 years old fromBrooklyn, New York. I have one bunny named Bonnie, im not sure of herbreed..i think shes an american mix dwarf? but i cant confirm that.Shes 1 year old and loves to play with my 5year old cat Masha. Theychase eachother around the house, its so cute. Nice to meet all ofyou!!! Ill probably be posting in the picture forum thats my favoooriteone.

Hi amswermarie! Welcome to the site!

You'll find that this site has such a wealth of information!Just about any question you could possibly have about bunnies can beanswered in the Rabbit 101 or Rabbit Health sections. Andanything else you don't find information about, feel free toask! We're always ready to answer questions, no matter howsilly, no matter how many you have! :) You'll findthe RO Family to be a very sweet, friendly, helpful group ofpeople. :)

Anyway, welcome to you and Oreo!! We look forward to seeing you around! :)

Rosie*

Hello Zoya! Welcome to the forum!

If you're wanting to better confirm what your bun's breed is, feelabsolutely free to post the question in the Rabbitry section of theforum (be prepared to give a pic and general stats of your bun, so theycan better tell you)! :) It's a section that isfull of people that raise buns to breed and/or show, so they know quitea lot about spotting and identifying bunny breeds. :)

Look forward to chatting with you! :)

Rosie*

P.S. You might already do this, but just in case, be sure toeither trim your kitty's claws or get him/her Soft Paws (or Soft Claws,same thing), so you know he/she cannot accidentally claw and/or injureyour bun during play. Just as a precaution. Bunsget absesses so easily, it's better to be safe than sorry.:) If you want any information on Soft Claws/Paws, feel freeto PM me to ask! :)

Hello,

We just recently adopted two rabbits from our local animal rescue. I am allergic to dogs and cats.

We read up a lot and made the rabbits a large NIC condo. :bunnydance:

One rabbit is named Bubbles (we didn't make up the names) , a Dutch (Iguess..) she is quite chubby and has a bit of a poopy butt problem butis very sweet.

The other rabbit is Einstein, he is supposedly part angora and partDutch, he looks like a little light brown Dutch with a few wild hairsaround his face making him appear a little mad scientisty. :D

Both are fixed.

They are both quite sweet, and getting used to living in a home.

They are not bonded but we are hoping they will be as they get used toeach other. Little Einstein is rather territorial so it will take alittle time.

Welcome to the forum, JessicaS!

Thanks so much for adopting your rabbits. There really are alot of needy buns out there. And I looooovvvveeeDutch! Any chance you can post pictures? And thoseNIC condos are fab aren't they? I don't know what I'd dowithout those shelving grids.:D

As for Bubbles' poopy butt (and it is okay to change the name of ashelter bun, the last owner probably didn't teach it to them anyway),what was her diet like at the shelter? Many poopy buttrabbits do much better with lots of hay and a limited amount oftimothy, not alfalfa, pellets.

I intend to post pics but my digi camera batteries need some charging. :(

I am not sure what they were feeding them but she already seems to bedoing MUCH better than she was. They probably got a lot of pellets.

I just give them about 1/3-1/4 cup of pellets and then fresh greens anda pile of hay. The hay is the meadow mix kind, without alfalfa. Sheloves mustard greens, she picks them out of her greens and eats themfirst. She gets a couple of carrots now and then but we aren't givingher fruit so she can trim down a bit so she can reach her bottom.

She got a little exercise, we let them both out at once while I cleanedtheir cages and Einstein chased her around for a bit. We puthim back so she could get some more relaxing floor time.

ETA: Oh yes we love the NIC condos! I like the idea of being able toadd on or change things around. :) Once we can put them together we canjust make one big interesting condo rather than two. :)

Hello everyone, I justrecently joined this forum. My name is Kim and I'm 24 yearsold. I have a dwarf mix bunny named Cocoa who is nine monthsold. He is my first bunny and I love him somuch!

:bunnyheart

Here is a picture of Cocoa is his favorite box!

cocoainbox2oy1.jpg

Hi Kim, your Cocoa is very cute.

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to many more pictures of your little one.

Soooska:apollo:

Kim,
Welcome to the forum! You'll meet lots of wonderful people and learn alot here on RO. Don't be afraid to ask questions, everyone is VERYfriendly!

Cocoa is such a cutie! I love his little mohawk!

Oh . . . and remember RO members love pictures!

-Amy

Welcome to the forum, JessicaS!!

Your bunnies sound so cute! Congratulations on your newfriends, and my hat's off to you for adopting from a shelter...howwonderful! We need more people like you out there!Also, cool to hear that they have an NIC palace...my girls do, too, andI LOVE them!! You can do so much with NICpanels...wonderful! :D

Look forward to chatting with you and seeing pictures of your new babies! :)

Rosie*

Welcome kimandcocoa!

Your baby looks like a lionhead (either full-bred, or mixed)...how cute! :)

Look forward to chatting with you!

Rosie*

Yes Rosie you are right, he does have a bit oflionhead in him. But he's more of a dwarf I would say, so Ijust tell people he's a dwarf mix.

:colors:hi every one i have just joined RO i think this is a great web site!

i live in north wales and have 10 rabbits

1 french lop --- Elliot

1 netherland dawf --- valintine

1 lion head---llew which means lion in welsh

3 blue rex --pegwith three legs,sky, jake

4 orange rex -- maple, roo, red,and honey

Back