naturalistic rabbit set up?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinna_Bunny

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried a more "natural looking" indoor setup for their rabbit? I love the look of nature and am a big plant lover, I'm thinking of decorating Dante's space with that kind of look. I've tried to look for some inspiration photos online but cant seem to find much but there are some that involve plants in their setup.

I think it would be cool to grow some herbs and have them decorate his space and he could nibble on them (i will have to find a way to make sure he doesn't just kill the plant XD). If anyone has attempted this I would love to see some pictures.
I found this on Pinterest and just love the look

4ec1742a2e39f018ecb60d04de7deae3.jpg

Some of those could be artificial plants. But I have seen people use a metal hardware mesh over a pot that the plant can then grow through. That way, even if the rabbit chews down to the mesh, it won't get to the root and the plant can regrow. I'll look for a photo to show better.

I also love the look of that type of setup. I haven't done it, but I have posted a few pics of similar....
1727216278792.jpeg

1727216304603.jpeg

1727216341156.jpeg

Here's a pic from a search showing the mesh.
1727216663913.jpeg

Some of those could be artificial plants. But I have seen people use a metal hardware mesh over a pot that the plant can then grow through. That way, even if the rabbit chews down to the mesh, it won't get to the root and the plant can regrow. I'll look for a photo to show better.

I also love the look of that type of setup. I haven't done it, but I have posted a few pics of similar....
View attachment 66397

View attachment 66398

View attachment 66399

Here's a pic from a search showing the mesh.
View attachment 66400

I was thinking of doing the mesh over the pot thing actually! Maybe oat grass and clover?
My whole room aesthetic is very much plant and hopefully when Dante gets neutered I can craft up some nice decor (he's in the lets pee and poop on everything phase).
Thanks for the inspo pictures!

yea the mesh idea is one i saw, and I have tried it, it seemed to work quite well, I had two trays of the herbs that I would rotate. So one tray I'd have in the bunny run, and the other tray, I'd water and tend to it, then when the tray in the run needed some tending to, I'd swap it with the one I had been growing. That way they wouldn't get too over chewed and eaten, because even with the mesh sometimes the plants don't get quite enough time to replenish.

What's the point of the mesh -- for potential digging?

I have two long planters I rotate in & out from the deck. There's just grass in them and whatever random seeds I plant (parsley, cilantro, beans) that rarely get time to grow before being mowed down.

DSCF1782.JPG

Back