Hi!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

Reaction score
I was told I should make an intro so I am, although I don't really know what to say. The first bunny I had was a netherland dwarf when I was 7 and since then I've been in love. My favourtie breed is still the netherland dwarf followed by the Holland Lop and that's because I love their personalities.
I'm the kind of person who treats each rabbit differently. I don't think there is one prescribed perfect way to raise rabbits. I have had rabbits who like to free roam and rabbits who view a hutch as their house and private space. Rabbits who prefer to be indoors and rabbits who love outside. So I like to do what they like if possible.
According to my family I am "hyper-sensitive" to my bunnies. I have never understood when someone says that it is hard to tell if their bunny feels unwell. I always thought it was distinctly obvious but that's about all I'm good for. I joined this forum because I want to learn more and be able to take care of my bunnies the best that I can.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-10-05 at 7.19.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-10-05 at 7.19.59 PM.png
    317.6 KB
Ah thanks. Oh that's exciting! How are you liking you bunny? :) Personally bunnies are my favourite pets other than my pigeon.
I have 6 now lol. I started out with the best little bunny in the world, Evi. She was so full of personality that I ended adopting 5 more from a breeder/broiler farm. I think hands down these are my favorite companions to have. I also have three cats and I kinda did this partly because my best buddy, Ripley, is dying of cancer. I just wanted to give more love to something. They have been just wonderful for my mental health and I will never not have rabbits now lol.

Pigeon? That is way cool. Those guys are intelligent!

I have 6 now lol. I started out with the best little bunny in the world, Evi. She was so full of personality that I ended adopting 5 more from a breeder/broiler farm. I think hands down these are my favorite companions to have. I also have three cats and I kinda did this partly because my best buddy, Ripley, is dying of cancer. I just wanted to give more love to something. They have been just wonderful for my mental health and I will never not have rabbits now lol.

Pigeon? That is way cool. Those guys are intelligent!
Six? That's awesome! Do you know what breed?
Oh that's so sad about your cat.
Bunnies are great for mental health in my opinion. They're not as much work as dogs and they can be the sweetest. I was always told that bunnies are mild and quiet but they have such big personalities and I love it when they purr!
Oh she is funny. Smarter than other birds but definitely a bird brain. I used to have a lop who liked to sneak up behind her and jump just to watch her fly. They were quite the pair of persnickety old ladies.

Attachments

• IMG_20230501_170835.jpg
    IMG_20230501_170835.jpg
    884.1 KB
I was told I should make an intro so I am, although I don't really know what to say. The first bunny I had was a netherland dwarf when I was 7 and since then I've been in love. My favourtie breed is still the netherland dwarf followed by the Holland Lop and that's because I love their personalities.
I'm the kind of person who treats each rabbit differently. I don't think there is one prescribed perfect way to raise rabbits. I have had rabbits who like to free roam and rabbits who view a hutch as their house and private space. Rabbits who prefer to be indoors and rabbits who love outside. So I like to do what they like if possible.
According to my family I am "hyper-sensitive" to my bunnies. I have never understood when someone says that it is hard to tell if their bunny feels unwell. I always thought it was distinctly obvious but that's about all I'm good for. I joined this forum because I want to learn more and be able to take care of my bunnies the best that I can.
Oh my goodness; such a sweetheart!💕🥰🫶🫶👍👍

Six? That's awesome! Do you know what breed?
Oh that's so sad about your cat.
Bunnies are great for mental health in my opinion. They're not as much work as dogs and they can be the sweetest. I was always told that bunnies are mild and quiet but they have such big personalities and I love it when they purr!
Oh she is funny. Smarter than other birds but definitely a bird brain. I used to have a lop who liked to sneak up behind her and jump just to watch her fly. They were quite the pair of persnickety old ladies.
I have no clue what breeds they are. There are three different breeds going on lol. Evi is more different than the others. She's small maybe three or four pounds. Her fur is kind of wavy and she has a super big personality.

Attachments

• IMG_20240921_111328.jpg
    IMG_20240921_111328.jpg
    827 KB
  • 123_1.jpg
    123_1.jpg
    96.6 KB
Oh she's so cute!!! I love her spots! Shape-wise she looks a lot like my lionhead mix girls. They're 3.5 lbs and one of them doesn't have any tufts.
I understand. Personally I find it fun to guess at breeds. I saw the post with your girls. They look like they might have some rex in them but I don't know :) The fat rolls on Queenie(?) are darling!

Oh she's so cute!!! I love her spots! Shape-wise she looks a lot like my lionhead mix girls. They're 3.5 lbs and one of them doesn't have any tufts.
I understand. Personally I find it fun to guess at breeds. I saw the post with your girls. They look like they might have some rex in them but I don't know :) The fat rolls on Queenie(?) are darling!
Oh my goodness when I got Queenie she weighed 14 lbs. She just sat in this two level hutch and they only fed their rabbits pellets. They told me they never gave them fruits, vegetables, or hay. She lost weight when she came home and then her rolls became more pronounced. I love her and big sad eyes 😍

I think Evi may be a Czech Spot. That's the only bunny i have found that looks like her. I really like the guessing lol

Latest posts

Back