Ayglnu13 (Amy's) PICTURE VAULT! :o)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naturestee wrote:
Bambi is a scary bunny!
You better believe it!!

When I was drying Nimue he came on the deck and tried to jump up on thetable Nimue was sitting on! Omg I seriously almost kicked him. I amgetting SO fed up with this rabbit. He TORMENTS my bunnies, and pees onEVERYTHING! Gosh it is so gross!

~Amy

Last October I went to a wool festival and inone of the craft barns there was a woman selling angora socks and whatnot as well as some bunnies. There were about five white angora bunnieshopping around in a box together and I knew I HAD to have one.Eventually I got my dad to side with me and we ended up taking onehome. I picked the one that I thought as the best looking and in thecardrivingbackI chose the name Merlin forhim.He was so0o0o0o cute but I just couldn't take care ofhim. I kinda had a handle on it but then he started getting these woolblock-ish thing and my dad gave him to our friend Jim to take care of.Then he was adopted by you, Amy! Although I was sad to see him go andstill miss him tons I am so happy that he is being cared for so much.YOu have no idea how happy was to see those pictures too!DOh, that airconditioning one is just SO merlin!My name is Charlotte and I am almost15 and incase you were wondering...the lady from the craftsbarnsaid that he was 7 months and a day old so his birthdayis March 16, 2004. :)

, Char

Hey! :)

Let me introduce myself, my name is Amanda, and I too, have loved Merlin

Here's my story:

My sister/dad were at a sheep and wool festival, last October, and theydecided they would get an Angora bunny. My mom and I werereluctant because my sister and dad aren't always the most responsiblepeople, and they probably wouldn't be able to handle the responsibilityof a new pet. They bought the rabbit anyway. In thecar ride back my sister and I were given the duty to name him, so Isuggested Merlin and my sister (Charlotte) approved. When wegot him home we put him in the basement (Where Charlotte and I hang outmost of the time)and qucklydiscovered that it was toohot. After that, we put him outside on our 2nd floorporch. He was really happy there, I used to take him out, andsit down, comb his fur, and feed him carrots (By now you have probablynoticed how his little mouth gets tinted orange when he nibbles oncarrots [awwww]) When it got too cold for him outside, myparents insisted in putting him in our shed, a dark, cold shed that Iwas very opposed to leaving him in there (not to mention annoyanceoftrudging through thesnow tovisithimin there), and after a couple days theymoved him into our heated garage.

There still wasn't much light, and it was even farther from the house,so I didn't make the trip to visit him as often as I used to.I used to love going in to feed him and brush him, and change hiswater, but my sister/dadrarely held up their end of the dealto clean his cage. My dad eventually got sick of cleaning thecage and the smell of the rabbit in his garage. They alsorefused to let him stay near the house, even when it did get warmagain. (This angered me a great deal, letting me have tharabbit long enough to love him and then make it impossible to mantainhis health just to take him away and break my heart) At somepoint during the winter he had a problem in which he ate his own furinstead of his food, and he became sick. We gave him somepineapple juice and it solved the problem. My dad and hisfriend tunneled a snow cave through a snow bank and Merlin loved it (Ihave a picture I will post if you want). I used to keeppicutres of Merlin in my PreCalc binder and I was always drawingpicutes of him in school.

One day, we were assigned a project in AP Bio where we had to observean animal for 20 minutes and record what happened. I camehome that day from school to observe "Bunny" (We called him bunny moreoften than Merlin) only to find that my Dad had gotten sick of cleaninghis cage and overall having him around, and had given him to his friendwho breeds and eats (!) rabbits. (He assured me that Merlin was too oldto eat:?) I was quite upset. Tonight I heard frommy dad that the Bunny-eating guy (Jim Britt) had informed him of thisforum and Merlin's internet fame:)P) on this web site, and here Iam. I am sorry for the term paper, I frequent another forumand I know it is a very n00b thing to do :p.

I am so happy that Merlin is enjoying his new home and that he isallowed in the house (unlike here, unfortunatly) I think ofhim every time I look by the new luciouspatch of clover in myyard and how much he would enjoy climbing through it. Ireally miss him, and I'm glad he is happyand that someone loves him somuch :)

EDIT: My sister has already posted, I guess this is my story, a little more in-depth

DOUBLE EDIT:Char!You stole myWalrus name!

Oh my goodness,this is AMAZING! I am so glad to "meet" both of you! I have neverdreamed of being able to actually talk to Merlin's previous owners!!!:shock:

This is soooo cool!! :D:D

I am 16, and I have 8 bunnies, 1 Flemish,1 Dutch, 1 Mixed something, 1 Netherland dwarf, 1 Mini lop, 2 Hollandlops, and 1 GERMAN angora :D:D I am so glad I know what he is now:)

OMG I cant stop smiling :)

Haha I was reading Char's post and I waslike "What the heck does this have to do with any of my posts!!!?" andthen I read "Then he was adopted by you, Amy!", omg I must have readthat sentence 30 times!! And then I realized "OMG this is Merlin'sprevious owner!!! :shock:"

Merlin is doing AWESOME, my mom isobsessed with him, she walks around with him saying "You're the kittywe never had", so he has earned the nickname Kitty :p

I will be sure to post tons more pictures now that I know your guys are here :D

And I would LOVE to see your pictures Amanda!

Here is the cage he lives in,

inP037057large_faa1.jpg

That is the smaller version, he lives inthe bigger version, they just didnt have a picture of it:)

Thank you so much for letting me have Merlin in my life :)

~Amy

This is SO Wonderful! I'm so glad the 'blanks' are getting filled in about our little Beauty, Merlin.

Amy's the envy of all of our eyes having such a beautiful baby inMerlin. He's absolutely precious. I love hishaircut.

You'll get a kick out of this thread. It's when Amy, sightunseen with Merlin, had decided to adopt the little guy.http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8223&forum_id=1

:)

I was coming on board to ask Amy if she was getting tired of himyet. I love how your Mom is in love with the new Kitty intown, Amy. Too cute! Merlin's cage isbeautiful.

-Carolyn

Walrus Gumboot wrote:
I am sorry for the term paper, I frequent anotherforum and I know it is a very n00b thing to do :p.

Not a term paper at all. I so appreciate it. Somefolks are under the misconception of thinking that a full paragraph isgoing on and on. Personally, I thank God for it.It's nice to have a background and when people take the time torespond. Believe me, we're very interested in Merlin's story.

By the way, Walrus and thewalruswaspaul, WELCOMEAboard!

This is my favorite picture of the little guy, although it's hard to pick just one.

P6280024.jpg

You definitely picked a Winner. He's so pretty.

-Carolyn

Jeez you guys are so nice! It is so nice to postin a forum and not get flamed, haha... This is awell-oiledmachine of aforum, especially considering there is only onemod. In mine there are like 15 and it is still crazy :)

I'm 16 too, and I have a dog named Shadow (who recently got sprayed bya skunk)and an ill-tempered lovebird named Coral.Actually, Amy, it appears (from looking at your profile) that you are 9or so days older than me, I thought you were ages older fro somereason:cool:

Merlin's new house is a castle! How perfect! Is Nimue reallyas big as he looks in the picture with him and yoursister?and I thought Melrin was huge! I am so gladthat he has lots of other bunnies to play around with instead of justShadow, who is so afraid of Merlin that he ran out of the room with histail between his legs whenever he was around (he is such a wimp:p). As soon as I figure out how to install our scanner Iwill scan that picture, and I think my sister has some more in herdigital camera I think she will send, they are a few shots of himlooking cute on or couch

He's HUGE!:shock: I havenever seen a bunny that big! I would probably be afraid ofhim like in Monty Python's Holy Grail

I tried to scan the picture but I need some software that my Dad has tomake it work, and he is out now, so maybe later, I can't wait to postit, he is so cute :)

Here is Nimue's newcage!! :D Its a 48 inch dog crate...but I still feel like it is toosmall :(Is it too small? He runs around all day so he israrely in it, but I still dont know :)

Here he is an hour after he first went in it. He was kinda bummed because I forgot to put his toys in there.

P7010009.jpg

*Ignore his yellow feet, he stepped in Bambi's pee :X*

P7010011.jpg

Here is a picture of him dreaming, he was moving his lips and everything :)

P7010012.jpg

P7010016.jpg

~Amy :D

Well, he looks happy so it should befine. I think there's other people that use that size fortheir Flemish, too. What happened to the under-the-bed bunnystorage?

Aww...look at the Beast relaxing. Give him a big kiss for me.

:kiss:

-Carolyn

Back