scab on rabbits nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hi guys, been a while since I’ve posted a question here. So basically, I found a little scab on my baby’s nose. I took a photo and I was wondering if it was something concerning. I had taken him to the vet a while back and they said all was good I brought up that he had some dry skin on his back and they said that it could be something internal/external and listed some things to help. They advised me to put him on alfalfa hay for a bit but it seemed like I didn’t need to cus it turned out to be that he was growing new hair in that area that was dry. They said it was common among shedding rabbits. The internal part mentioned was fatty acids.. I didn’t understand exactly what that meant but I was like okay. They just said to keep an eye on him and call if he didn’t get any better in terms of dryness on skin but he did get better! So yeah now the concern is this scab! Let me know what this may look like? If you have an idea. Thanks
-Louie & Mom

Attachments

• IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
It could be he just rubbed it on something, causing some abrasion. If it's this, you should see gradual improvement and healing. But if there isn't improvement and it doesn't heal or gets worse, it could be a skin condition like fungal dermatitis, fur mites, rabbit syphilis, etc. Bumps and lesions around the nose, mouth, and eyes, are particularly a sign of rabbit syphilis. For any of those skin conditions, you'd need to have your bun seen by a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Skin_diseases_main.htm

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Choosing_a_rabbit_veterinarian

If you have any doubts or concerns or your rabbits condition deteriorates, please contact a knowledgeable rabbit vet right away.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Veterinary_emergencies

Latest posts

Back