Progress with Er Long

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Liu Er Long, the tripod beauty with a sassy attitude. She would tolerate us existing in her space. But ever since Xiao Wu's and Rexy's passing, she has been more receptive of us. Before she would tolerate us giving her head pets and the running off to hide. Now she lets us give her full pets with cheek rubs. While she still retains that sassy attitude of hers, which is the most adorable sass I have ever seen, I keep telling her, "Don't change. Keep being you. I love you." while giving her pets. I'm happy to make progress with Er Long, just wish it was under better circumstances.

I will say, this progress started long before hand, though. Because when I'm not at my desk, my husband would tell me about how she would look for me. Almost expecting me when he gets up to go to the bathroom and looking disappointed when she realizes it's not me. As I type this, she's sleeping under my chair.

Just figured I would post a progress with Er Long. To help lift some spirits.

Sounds like she's developing a closer bond with you. It is sad when it's at the expense of losing their bonded bunny companion, but also nice for us caretakers at the same time. That need of comfort and companionship after a loss, is what seems to be the catalyst for some rabbits that have always been shy, nervous, stand offish, or extremely independent types. That emotional need seems to open them up and be receptive to interacting more with people.

It's really nice when we get to experience that closer bond with a pet. And I think it does something good for them as well. Animals that are close to people, seem to gain a different aspect of intelligence from their interactions with us. At least, that's what it seems like to me from my observations.

Latest posts

Back