Just call me crazy…

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimijean

Reaction score
I know, I know, he and Piper might not get along. But have you ever seen an animal and fell in love? Even just a picture of the animal? That’s how I got my dog and one of my cats and have never regretted it.

This little guy is a Polish bunny and is around 4 months old. I fell in love with him as soon as I saw the pictures and immediately did a google search to find out about them. They sound like the perfect little bunny and I pick him up tomorrow evening. He’ll stay in my bedroom until after he and Piper have been altered.

I would love to add pics of him but I don't know how. :(

Kim

I definitely know what you mean. I was in England last year for school and about 2 months before I came home I went all bunny crazy. I looked at the local humane society and saw Buster (formerly "fluffy":p) and fell in love. I was SO sad though that I still had so long and knew he'd be gone by then.. but he wasn't! He was definitely meant to be mine. :)
I feel sometimes animals choose their owners, we don't actually choose them. :)

I'm excited for you and your new bun! Please post pics when you get him :) You can do so by creating a Photobucket account (it's free) and then copying the image code.

I'll try the Photobucket route because the forum said I don't have authorization to post pics?? And I have 3 from their Craig's list ad. I also have one of Piper from her ad.

Kim

if you click on the "reply" button rather than using the quick reply box, then look on the top toolbar - second from the right is the image button - click it and paste the photobucket info and you get the actual pic displayed in the thread rather than a link to it ;) (oh, and you wanna copy the link from the "direct link" box)

here's your pic:

Bunny3_zps35b6a4bd.jpg.html
Bunny3_zps35b6a4bd.jpg.html
Bunny3_zps35b6a4bd.jpg

th_Bunny2_zps11bf2b4e.jpg

th_Bunny_zps808232ba.jpg
th_Piper_zps1ae37ad7.jpg

Me too Imbrium.

CosmosMomma, At first I was thinking about getting a cute little black and white Dutch baby and was going to name him Pepper. Piper and Pepper sounds cute, but Pepper doesn’t match this little brown guy. And my son my change Piper’s name (her previous owners named her that). I was thinking Mocha for him, and I’m actually drinking one right now, lol. But I haven’t asked his owners if he has a name yet and my son will most likely want to name him.

The other bunny is Piper. It’s the pic they used in her Craig’s List ad. I’ll get some better pics soon but a couple of people on another forum say she looks more like a Rex type bunny rather than a ND/Dutch mix, and I was kind of thinking the same but I’m very new to bunnies so really just don’t know.

Kim

The last picture you posted looks like it could be a Mini Rex. Does his fur feal like velvet? Is it springy when you push on it? Does it stand up vs laying down acros the back? If so it is defenetly a mini rex or mini rex mix.

ldoerr wrote:
The last picture you posted looks like it could be a Mini Rex. Does his fur feal like velvet? Is it springy when you push on it? Does it stand up vs laying down acros the back? If so it is defenetly a mini rex or mini rex mix.

The last pic is Piper. The lady I got her from said she was told Piper is a Netherland Dwarf/Dutch mix. But I also think Mini Rex/mix(?). And yes, her fur is just as you describe. :)

Kim

That rabbit is neither netherland dwarf nor dutch. It looks like it might be a full blooded Mini Rex. If there are any rabbit shows around you could take them there and the people there will be able to tell you exactly what they are and show you proper examples of the breed. Rabbit shows are a lot of fun, full of great people, and you learn soooo much at each one that you go to.

I went to a rabbit show a few months ago. :)

The lady I got Piper from said they got her from a pet shop and that she was looking for a Netehrland Dwarf. So either the employee had no clue, or s/he told them that to make the sale. (??) I really don't mind either way, she is sooooo soft and such a sweet hart. :D

Kim

I fell for my Englishes the same way! Saw a picture, fell in love, arranged to have them delivered to me 317 miles away. ^_^

He's a beautiful little bun, and Piper is so pretty! Congrats on your new addition!

How cute!

Funny because i have fallen in love with a holland lop rescue who is 5 hours from me :( so most likely impossible to get to but I can't stop thinking about him. I look at his picture all the time! There is nothing "special" about him and who know if he'd bond with Agnes but I still feel a pull towards him......

So I get what you are saying. Congrats and let us know how it's going!

Ashtin, oh I know! Don't think I don't consider it every now and again. But then I wonder if I'm insane and plus I also need to consider the gamble that Agnes won't bond with him.......but I seriously can't get my mind off this guy and every other rabbit that I see I always compare back to him.........UHg I'm crazy! :)

Do it!! 5 hours is doable! :D I know someone that made a 9 hour drive, one way, to get some birds. :D

Both Piper and Cocoa are doing great. But neither is altered yet so they have not met. :)

Kim

Back