i need help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it could be him playing. . .or he could be angry about something in his enviroment.

is it like almost a digging? and is he bitting or eating?

it is something that they just do. grass matts are wonderfull. my rabbit also loves to dig at a ceramic tile that i keep in their cage.

some members give their rabbits old phone books, buns love to dig at them, and rip the pages out, ect

another thing that some members have done (i haven't yet, but am planning on it) is to take a box and make a hole in it for him to jump into, in the box take newspaper and crumple sheets into little balls, put them in the box and it has now become a digging box.

what kinds of toys does your bun have? (oh, and what is your bunny's name?) he could just be looking for something to do.

also, it sounds like he does this when you are holding him, and he could just try to be getting comfortable. maybe get a small blanket that is his (my buns have 1 1/2 yards of fleece that i got a a fabric store that is always with them when they are out of the cage) that way he can cuddle into it while holding him, and he can dig and bite the blanket into complete comfort for him.

i hope this helps!

katt wrote:
it is something that they just do. grass matts are wonderfull. my rabbit also loves to dig at a ceramic tile that i keep in their cage.

some members give their rabbits old phone books, buns love to dig at them, and rip the pages out, ect

another thing that some members have done (i haven't yet, but am planning on it) is to take a box and make a hole in it for him to jump into, in the box take newspaper and crumple sheets into little balls, put them in the box and it has now become a digging box.

what kinds of toys does your bun have? (oh, and what is your bunny's name?) he could just be looking for something to do.

also, it sounds like he does this when you are holding him, and he could just try to be getting comfortable. maybe get a small blanket that is his (my buns have 1 1/2 yards of fleece that i got a a fabric store that is always with them when they are out of the cage) that way he can cuddle into it while holding him, and he can dig and bite the blanket into complete comfort for him.

i hope this helps!

i dont have any toys for him yet; what kind of toys do you suggest getting? I havnt really thought of a name for him yet; i've been just calling him Bunny. LOL:?.

he does this when he's on our beds or in his cage.

But the carboard box with paper balls in it sounds good. But im sure he'll the the paper balls. (will that hurt him?)

nowadays newspaper is made with soy ink, so buns can eat it with no ill-effect. just don't give him the shiny add type of paper.

some toys that rabbits really like are grass matts, tiles, hard plastic shower curtain rings, untreated wooden baskets, untreated wooden spoons, bird toys, golf balls, woffle balls(sp?), hot wheels cars, ect.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12433&forum_id=17]http://rabbits-forums.com/view_topic.php?id=12433&forum_id=17[/url]

another link from the bunny 101 section

toys are a big part of bunny behaviour, i have found that rabbits without the stimulation of toys are more apt to bite and lung, they get fusterated by not having anything to do

another great (and quick) toy for buns it to take a toilet paper role (just the cardboard part) and stuff it full of hay, buns love to toss them around and eat the hay

as far as names, what about riley or morgan? i like both of those names and they work if he is really a he, or if he turns into a she!

but bunny also works, i had a rabbit named bunny once

how long have you had him?

katt wrote:
nowadays newspaper is made with soy ink, so buns can eat it with no ill-effect. just don't give him the shiny add type of paper.

some toys that rabbits really like are grass matts, tiles, hard plastic shower curtain rings, untreated wooden baskets, untreated wooden spoons, bird toys, golf balls, woffle balls(sp?), hot wheels cars, ect.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12433&forum_id=17]http://rabbits-forums.com/view_topic.php?id=12433&forum_id=17[/url]

another link from the bunny 101 section

toys are a big part of bunny behaviour, i have found that rabbits without the stimulation of toys are more apt to bite and lung, they get fusterated by not having anything to do

another great (and quick) toy for buns it to take a toilet paper role (just the cardboard part) and stuff it full of hay, buns love to toss them around and eat the hay
as far as names, what about riley or morgan? i like both of those names and they work if he is really a he, or if he turns into a she!

but bunny also works, i had a rabbit named bunny once

how long have you had him?

i've had him for 2 days now. I dont know if i wanna change his name; cause he seems to know it already. This might explain why he takes his food bowl and dump his food out and chew on the bowl. (i really need to buy him some toys).

Some of my rabbits also dig at my clothes and then tug them with their mouths. When they do it to me, it usually means that they want attention if they're on the floor, or want to be let down if they're being held on my lap. Or they're just being cheeky little monkeys.:D They also like to do this to blankets and towels, and when they do that they're just playing. They'll dig them up into a bundle then push them back out, drag them around, and dig again.

Back