Hi from Portland OR

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimijean

Reaction score
My name is Kim and I’m 47 yrs old. I haven’t had a pet bunny since I was a young child in Hawaii. I remember we had a couple of bunnies outside in a hutch but that’s all I really remember. We have always had animals of all kinds and I never want to be without them. My ex husband put his foot down and limited the number, and kind of, animals I could have. So now that my 16 yr old son and I are on our own I can do what I want.

My dog and 2 cats came with us when we moved out and I have since acquired some birds. Well, today I adopted a bunny. Her name is Piper (my son may change it) and she is a 1.5 yr old Netherland Dwarf/Dutch mix. At least that is what her owners were told. The husband of the couple I got her from has had several bunnies throughout his life and he said he has never had a bunny as friendly and sweet as Piper. She is just a doll and her coat is super soft and silky.

I have a few questions but will start another thread addressing those.

Kim

Thank you everyone. I'll have to figure out how to post pictures. :big wink:

Kim

Hi there. I also live in Portland OR currently and grew up south shore Oahu (Hawaii Kai). I just got my first bunny yesterday. I am so happy about all the veggies he eats, everything from my garden (I love spinach and kale), and he loves the wheatgrass I grow (from Bob's Red Mill organic, on organic soil).

WOW!! Another Hawaii to Portland OR transplant!! Hello neighbor!! I mostly lived on Maui. :)

Kim

Thank you for the welcome cwolfec.

Hi SaruCharmed. I think so. I just called a total of 8 animal clinics that neuter and/or spay bunnies and found one only ½ an hr from me that is really reasonably priced.

Kim

Back