David Hasselhoffenfeffer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pleasuretek

Reaction score
Hello forum,
I am the happy caretaker/friend to David Hasselhoffenfeffer, a holland lop. I live in Portland Oregon. This is my first furry pet ( I had a bearded dragon years ago ). I also like organic gardening and fresh juice (green juice). I grow wheatgrass, kale, spinach, lettuce, mustard greens, and broccoli, as well as an herb garden full of basil, thyme, mint (many different containerized variates), cilantro, parsley, etc... I am so happy that I can grow fresh most of the greens for my bunny to eat (today I got broccoli leaves and kale right off the plant and hand fed my new friend). He also eats timothy hay (local) and pellet food (alber's %16 protein) that I buy.
This little bunny is so soft and cute, a great addition to living a healthy life (petting and love are great for blood pressure). He loves being held, sitting in my lap, and snuggling in general. I am surprised at how calm he is (and calming to me).
I just got the bunny and a hutch yesterday, and I have so many grand plans for the little guy. First I want to make a good little run for him safe from the neighbors cat (named stinky). I am going to build a little A-frame hut with chicken wire like I have seen so many build or buy premade. I have a decent sized yard (Cant convert it all to garden boxes due to renting) and would like to make one around 8-10ft long and 4ft wide.
His hutch is located in my living room, and he gets to roam the living room as he pleases. I still need to buy a baby gate to keep him somewhat contained, but for now, putting the massage table in the way does the trick. No pics yet of him, but I will post some soon when I get out the camera.

Hello neighbor! We can learn about our bunnies together. :) Can't wait to see some pictures. :D

Kim

Yes where ARE the pictures? It's a universal law in bunny land: You talk about a strange bun we MUST have pictures.

Also, he sounds super sweet :)

Pics! sorry if they are kinda big... All those wires are unplugged from the wall, and he is not litter trained yet (or neutered). I love his little flat monster smush face. Behind him you can see the remains of a tray of wheatgrass (mornings wheatgrass shot, and let him play in the short cut stuff and eat some before I compost that tray), and some kale and broccoli leaf as a trail back into his hutch.

face_zpsdc5331d5.jpg

full_zps1a229d56.jpg

Well its evening time and he keeps bopping his head against my arm as I type so its time for me to go play

Great name.

Everything sounds great, though even unplugged cords are a problem because they're tempting to nibble on.

And you might want to be sparing of giving kale, spinach or broccoli. They aren't quite as good for rabbits as they are for us & should be given sparingly.

The stray poops are marking his territory. You'll always get a few from time to time.

Omg. What a cute little smushy face. And those cheeks! Must resist kissing them D:

Gah how do you resist snuggling him all the time? I'd never let him go lol.

He's ADORABLE! And it sounds like he will live an incredibly happy and spoiled life with all the plans you have in store for him! What a lucky bun :D I bet he loves your garden.

Welcome to the forum!

Back