Revolution not really working on bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunadri

Reaction score
I’ve used all 6 doses of revolution on my bunny and theres a weird thing. In the morning, my bunny’s ears seem all fine, but at night, they become red. Very weird. It has been better after revolution as I don’t see him scratch his ear frequently. Is it because i didnt change his blankets/house? I’ve cleaned his pen and I change/wash his blankets daily! His hay and water are changed 2/3 times a day. The vet however did not give me further instructions other than how to give him revolution. Other than that he’s pretty normal. Thanks!!

What dosage are you using and what does your rabbit weigh?

What do u mean by dosage? i’ve attached a pic of the revolution My bunny weighs ard 3+ kg last time i checked. Thanks

Attachments

• 020EF8A4-EC4E-4542-8270-89D16C71B442.jpeg
    020EF8A4-EC4E-4542-8270-89D16C71B442.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 7
Rabbits need to be dosed at 18mg/kg.
So your rabbit at 3kg would need 54mg per dose.
That revolution you used is only 15mg per tube.
So you have way under dosed. Continual under dosing can lead to drug resistance. This is why its best to check dosages before giving your animals a medication.
Try and get a current accurate weight on your bun and dose mased off that weight.

What symptoms did your rabbit have that makes you think your rabbit had mites to begin with, and that your rabbit still has them now? Did the vet do a skin scrape and find mites?

My bunny’s ears were red and itchy, and had dandruff. The vet did not do a skin scrape, since my bunny had the same problem about a year ago and did a skin scrape proving that it was mites. The vet said it was the same as last year so they gave me some revolution.

My bunny is 1.6kg, not 3. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I got it wrong.
Rabbits need to be dosed at 18mg/kg.
So your rabbit at 3kg would need 54mg per dose.
That revolution you used is only 15mg per tube.
So you have way under dosed. Continual under dosing can lead to drug resistance. This is why its best to check dosages before giving your animals a medication.
Try and get a current accurate weight on your bun and dose mased off that weight.

Latest posts

Back