Not drinking!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porpy

Reaction score
Since I brought tigger back from the hospiatllast night she's been eating and pooping like a trooper. But she'snotdrinking and I mean not at all. Ifilled the water bottle andits not been touched so i put her water bowl in there too, as she's notused to being stuck in the cage and still nothing. So finally I putanother bottle in there in case she's too sore to move about but stillno drinking. Any ideas how to encourage her or how long before i oughtto be ringing the vet????????????

Maybe give her a bit of water in a lowsaucer? Or give her wet greens. Since she's eatingand pooping, and I would guess that the main reason she's not drinkingis because it isn't comfortable for her.

You could try adding some unsweetened fruitjuice (apple, pear, etc.) to her water and see if she is encouraged bythat (not too much, just enough to add some flavor). Soak her veggiesin the water/juice mixture too. If you fear she might not be gettingenough water, you could syringe-feed her fluids for the next day ortwo. Hopefully it's just temporary and she will be encouraged to drinkagain shortly.

Back