New to the blog and I need help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd suggest fencing with 1" or less between the bars, like an xpen or 2 fastened together. They'll be a lot cheaper, not to mention better in every other way, than vet bills.

lets just say my bunny had an ear infection that got really bad and she ended up having to put her to sleep. We tried treating her from the moment we noticed it (very early on) and it went for months not responding to numerous meds. That's why I said that. I know what you meant though!

Praying she'll get better soon! :)

:(Well I went to the old vet I first took her to and he told me she should have been better by now! If by monday she is not at least sitting then we have a big thing, because it won't be an ear infection it wil be something worse!

I am praying so hard and trying to help her walk, she is moving much better and stuff but I am still hopefull she will sit soon :D

I am sorry about your bunny! she is in the Bunny Heaven! :biggrin:

Thanks for all your prayers! :pray:

Bunnylova4eva wrote:
lets just say my bunny had an ear infection that got really bad and she ended up having to put her to sleep. We tried treating her from the moment we noticed it (very early on) and it went for months not responding to numerous meds. That's why I said that. I know what you meant though!

Praying she'll get better soon! :)

Hmmm yes, I would suggest getting a second opinion. Harvey's ear was saved because I went to a second vet. First one didn't know how to treat the infection and wanted to take his ear off. :grumpy:

I would suggest getting a second opinion also.

To me the picture looks like a tapeworm which can be very serious, especially depending on how long it is left for.

I am sorry if this scares you, it is not my intention to cause you any more stress, but tapeworms can infect the bloodstream and lodge in other organs throughout the body including the brain and eyes.

I dont mean to be graphic but it may be the cause of your bunny's symptoms, if it is a tapeworm. The can release toxins into the body which can bring on paralysis and odd behaviour.

Let us know how your little one is going and what happens. and is $1,000 a bit much for a blood test? My dogs tests didnt cost that much :S

How's she doing?

Latest posts

Back