New baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hailey Hinckley

Reaction score
Hey guys so im entirely new to this whole process and i just wanna start by saying i have a 6 month old female lionhead and she is a first time mom she gave birth 9/19/24 at 3AM to just one kit. Now she didnt make the nest she only pulled her fur out and scattered it everywhere so i made the nest for her and then i put her and the baby into a clean environment and i took her fur with me for the cage. Now my mama wants nothing to do with the baby she will lick and look at it but she wont feed it she also tries to step on it and i was told by a few people that the baby needs to get out of there and i have been trying to forcefully feed the newborn. The newborn weighed 37.9 grams and then on the first feeding i got to happen the baby had weighed 38.1 grams which im not sure if thats enough for the little guy to live off of the entire day? I also had to believe she might have more in her but if she does is it too late? And will they be dead? I also wanted to say that because shes a new time mom how much can i help her? And as for the baby what should i do i dont want the baby to die? Heres some pics

Attachments

• IMG_5073.jpeg
    IMG_5073.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4304.jpeg
    IMG_4304.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4305.jpeg
    IMG_4305.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back