Is it Puberty???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleweed1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My little Ruby Rabit is being so BAD!:? Sheisalmost 5 months old and has taken to biting and kickingme. She doesn't necessarily love being held, but before shewould tolerate it atleast enough for me to take her out of her cage,but now she's barely letting me do that. She is eating alittle less than normal (not wanting her "salad" as much, which isweird) and sleeps a little more. She has been biting mewhenever i try to pet her, and has been humping the cat.LOL...Funny to watch, but I don't believe the cat enjoys it at all. Andhumping her little sister. Any one got any Ideas?Is it time to spay her? Thanks for you felp!

Sounds to me like she's hit puberty and is acting out with all the hormones. So yeah, I'd start thinking about spaying her.

Most rabbits don't like being held - at all. I suggest stop trying topick her up, the biting and running from you is a clear sign that she'shad enough of that. My doe Abby did much the same thing at that age,once I stopped trying to pick her up, the trust was regained.Raisins helped a bit too. :p

Well she can't get out of her cage without mepicking her up. Its off the ground, so the only way for herto run around is for me to pick her up. Maybe I should make aramp for her to climb out by herself. And get herspayed....joy...:Done more thing to worry about...

Latest posts

Back