How much pellets for a young rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyBlue

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a new rabbit who is only 5 weeks old. I have looked around and all I can find is that a young rabbit should have unlimited amount of pellets and hay, which I give, I just don't know how much of that he should be eating. He goes through a half a hay box full of alfalfa hay each day and just over a half a bowl of water. He doesn't seem to be eating much of his pellets but I don't don't know how much is a good amount. His poop is good and he is active and acting like a rabbit should.

SmokeyBlue wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a new rabbit who is only 5 weeks old. I have looked around and all I can find is that a young rabbit should have unlimited amount of pellets and hay, which I give, I just don't know how much of that he should be eating. He goes through a half a hay box full of alfalfa hay each day and just over a half a bowl of water. He doesn't seem to be eating much of his pellets but I don't don't know how much is a good amount. His poop is good and he is active and acting like a rabbit should.
this thread is aweek old,,has this situation improved/resolved..??..sincerely james waller:wave:

1st of all, baby rabbits should only be weaned at 8wks. old and no younger. You should bring your bun back to your breeder until it is 8 weeks old and take him or her back. He probably isn't eating lots of pellets because his digestive system isnt yet developed properly.

It would be silly, to bring in a bun for a 2 week period...

Anyways,

He/She is still pretty young,
Pellets may be too, rough for them at this point..

Mixing a little bit of Mushed Pumpkin and a small amount of pellets together may get him eating for now.

Latest posts

Back