Female spay incision 3 days post op

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessp

Reaction score
Just wondering if this looks normal for 3 days after surgery. It’s hard for me to tell with the black peach fuzz lol. This wasn’t your typical spay, she is 7 yo and had a pyometra/uterine infection. I think that the small amount of brown stuff is from when she was having mushy poos the first day or 2, I’m extremely terrified to touch and clean that area and I do not think she’d let me. She has a cone on but a few times I looked over and it looked like she may have gotten very close to the incision but it was hard to tell, but that’s also why there is some wet fur near the incision. She’s eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and acting normal, just hoping no one tells me it looks infected 😮‍💨

Attachments

• IMG_9021.jpeg
    IMG_9021.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9020.jpeg
    IMG_9020.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9016.jpeg
    IMG_9016.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I dont see signs of infection. Perhaps looks like its been licked a bit.... honestly looks pretty good though. Cone might be needed if shes being a turd though.

I dont see signs of infection. Perhaps looks like its been licked a bit.... honestly looks pretty good though. Cone might be needed if shes being a turd though.
Awesome thank you that makes me feel better. I’ve been making myself crazy thinking everything means somethings wrong lol.

Is she on antibiotics right now? What about pain meds?
Most vets would still have a pyo animal on antibiotics even if they remove the entire uterus.

Is she on antibiotics right now? What about pain meds?
Most vets would still have a pyo animal on antibiotics even if they remove the entire uterus.
Actually she’s only on meticam and they never had her on any antibiotics at all. I heard rabbits don’t do well with antibiotics and she’s kinda old, could that be why?

Latest posts

Back