Depressed bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RescuedRabbit

Reaction score
I got two more rescues dropped off yesterday, a brother and sister I've named Tia and Seppy. I feel like Tia might be depressed.

Harvey, Baxter and Sep are all undesexed males. At first there was a lot of humping, but they're all in their place and stay in the same hutch. Tia isn't desexed either, so I have to keep her seperate. Her hutch is right next to theirs so they can still communicate, like touches noses, watch each other etc.

At any chance I can, I let them into the play yard. In the middle of the play yard their is a smaller 'cage' which I put Tia in. She can still interact with the boys and run and dig, but she sits in the corner and looks miserable.

I feel so bad for her, and I don't know what to do. I think even if I let them together under supervised pervision, she would just get harrassed the whole time.

Any suggestions on how to cheer her up?

Does she enjoy human interaction? Might she enjoy a walk on a harness, or play time with just her and a person? She's just had a big change in her life, it may take a few days for her to adjust. Has she had a vet check yet? Do you know much about her prior circumstances?

She haaaates people. As I picked her up from the carry cage and into her hutch she scratched and went crazy. So did Sep. They obviously haven't been handled much.
They're going into the vet tomorrow.
I just know the kids lost interest and they got forgotton basically.

Back