Cage Sizes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flashy wrote:
The RWA has the rules, and its now apparently coming into play that shops will only be able to sell big enough hutches for rabbits, and any smaller will have to be for guineas.
Thanks for correcting me! I was looking in the wrong place lol....

Great news about selling hutches in shops though! :)

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/animal_welfare_bill_lft.pdf

That's the link to the PDF document with the hutch sizes in, if it works.... Tracy- I'm right, no?

Things definately are moving in the right direction.:) I remember last Christmas, there were some rabbit cages, that wouldn't give a rabbit room to stand in. They soon changed them to say they were only suitable for guinea pigs, but the manager of the local store who we know hid them all out the back and refused to sell them before that lol...

Edit:forgot to say, that was in Pets At Home lol....

Flashy wrote:
The RWA has the rules, and its now apparently coming into play that shops will only be able to sell big enough hutches for rabbits, and any smaller will have to be for guineas.
Yes I heard that too, great isn't it? :D Shame they sell them at all as they aren't big enough for piggies either but yes, a step in the right direction. I know a lot of people hate Pets at Home but they are the only pet shop that I've been in that sells decent sized hutches, so at least if people see that it is normal and right for rabbits to live in these big hutches, it will begin to sink in that the 3 or 4 foot hutch just isn't good enough.

Back