Baby floofie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRabbits

Reaction score
I haven't thought of a name for her yet. She's 14 weeks old. The breeder named her "Yorkie" but I'm not fond of that name. Suggestions are welcome!

She's a feisty little girl. When I groom her, she yanks the comb away with her teeth and tosses it. She loves to play with paper towel rolls and other toys.

Today I gave her her first paper bag. She played with it for over an hour. I took a video but it was too big for this website.

So here are some pics! She now has her own pen, complete with stairs to run in and out of her cage.

Attachments

• IMG_20240504_202003_847.jpg
    IMG_20240504_202003_847.jpg
    950.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240504_202015_990.jpg
    IMG_20240504_202015_990.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 0
What a cutie! She's just begging for a fitting name with all that fluff! But a good name depends also on your likes and interests. The following is my go-to suggestion list when it comes to naming a rabbit...

Do you have any favorite movies or books? You can use character names from those. (She certainly looks like an Ewok character from Star Wars.)

There are also lots of different theme groupings.

You could consider PLANT names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy, Lily.

Or "SKY" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or ROCK names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or WEATHER names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on COLOR (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

Food names can be in themes as well…

COFFEE: Latte, Mocha, Coffee, Cocoa, Chino (short for Cappuccino), Cream, Sugar

CANDY: Snickers, Twix, Skittles, Hershey, M&M, Pez, Toffee

MEXICAN: Burrito, Taco, Bean, Salsa

SNACKS: Popcorn, Peanut, Cheesecake, Cupcake, Cookie, Yogurt, Crumble, Dorito, Frito

SPICES: Cinnamon, Basil, Honey, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Mint

ICE-CREAM: Vanilla, Rocky Road, Cookie Dough, Chip, Strawberry

FRUIT: Peaches, Cherry, Raspberry, Kiwi, Blueberry, Tangerine

What a cutie! She's just begging for a fitting name with all that fluff! But a good name depends also on your likes and interests. The following is my go-to suggestion list when it comes to naming a rabbit...

Do you have any favorite movies or books? You can use character names from those. (She certainly looks like an Ewok character from Star Wars.)

You could consider PLANT names like Basil, Pepper, Pumpkin, Rose, Daisy, Ivy, Lily.

Or "SKY" names like Orion, Pluto, Neptune, Draco, Galaxy, Nebula, Venus, Galaxy.

Or ROCK names like Quartz, Malachite, Copper, Clay, Diamond, Silver, Marble, Slate, Coal.

Or WEATHER names like Blizzard, Volcano, Storm, Dusty, Sunny, Cloud, Rain, Frost

Or based on COLOR (depending on color of course) like Ginger, Cinnamon, Onyx, Vanilla, Cream, Snow, Midnight, Shadow, Cocoa, Butter, Spot, Speckles.

SNACKS: Popcorn, Peanut, Cheesecake, Cupcake, Cookie, Yogurt, Crumble, Dorito, Frito

WOW…..wasn’t this helpful!

Lots of great suggestions!

I think she's trying to name herself. She has a very feisty personality. Today I noticed my cats were very interested in something. I went to check and found Little Miss Floofy wandering around the apartment. The cats have lived with rabbits in open pens for about 10 years, so they're used to bunnies. They were following her around and sniffing, but they'd back off if she stopped or turned around. I followed them around and let her explore for a while.

I took her back to her pen. I've never had a rabbit escape from a pen, so I decided to watch and see how she got out. Right away she actually grabbed the bars of the pen in her teeth, lifted it up and squeezed underneath! So I added more clips to keep her from doing this. I also found that she has decided to pee in a certain corner. I moved her litter box there yesterday and put some smelly pellets in the box, to get her to use the litter box. Nope. She had moved the litter box out of the way so she could pee in "her" spot.

I'm starting to think her name should be Zsa Zsa, after Zsa Zsa Gabor.
"Gabor was known for her extravagant Hollywood lifestyle, her glamorous personality, and her many marriages"

I haven't thought of a name for her yet. She's 14 weeks old. The breeder named her "Yorkie" but I'm not fond of that name. Suggestions are welcome!

She's a feisty little girl. When I groom her, she yanks the comb away with her teeth and tosses it. She loves to play with paper towel rolls and other toys.

Today I gave her her first paper bag. She played with it for over an hour. I took a video but it was too big for this website.

So here are some pics! She now has her own pen, complete with stairs to run in and out of her cage.
So so beautiful. Right away I thought of the Dandelion fluff after the golden flower stage.
How about Dandelion or Dandie?

Fantastic ideas!

Lots of great suggestions!

I think she's trying to name herself. She has a very feisty personality. Today I noticed my cats were very interested in something. I went to check and found Little Miss Floofy wandering around the apartment. The cats have lived with rabbits in open pens for about 10 years, so they're used to bunnies. They were following her around and sniffing, but they'd back off if she stopped or turned around. I followed them around and let her explore for a while.

I took her back to her pen. I've never had a rabbit escape from a pen, so I decided to watch and see how she got out. Right away she actually grabbed the bars of the pen in her teeth, lifted it up and squeezed underneath! So I added more clips to keep her from doing this. I also found that she has decided to pee in a certain corner. I moved her litter box there yesterday and put some smelly pellets in the box, to get her to use the litter box. Nope. She had moved the litter box out of the way so she could pee in "her" spot.

I'm starting to think her name should be Zsa Zsa, after Zsa Zsa Gabor.
"Gabor was known for her extravagant Hollywood lifestyle, her glamorous personality, and her many marriages"
Oooh I LOVE that!

Latest posts

Back