Weedkiller

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richbeales

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have recently moved into a property, and the lawn is a mess, covered inall sorts of weeds. The rabbit doesn't mind this but it'svery unsightly.

Bearing in mind that the rabbit is confined to a run whenever she's onthe grass, we were planning to "Weed and Feed" the grass, using Roundupor similar product. We are thinking of doing this half at atime, and probably over winter, when the rabbit would be indoors anyway.

How long would you have to leave the area before you could trust putting a grass-hungry rabbit back on the lawn?

1 Week?
1 Month?
6 Months?
Never?

Your views would be appreciated, obviously the rabbit's health is more important than the grass is.

Rich.

Hi, i'm not sure about pure weedkiller but i hada weedkill/grass seed mix stuff that said on the box "pets and childrencan play on the lawn anytime after sowing". I still kept Will off itfor a few days but have a look on the box.

Thing is, "play on" is not the same aseating! Online studies tend to state that this herbicide is "largely"harmless to rabbits....

We NEVER use anything on the lawn (except water).
We're gonna let the dandy-lions take over!!:bunnydance:

Back