Washing with vinegar?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionBunnies

Reaction score
Hi!

If I wanna make a room neutral for my rabbits, can I use white vinegar to clean the room?

Or should I just use soap?

My living room isn't as neutral as it should be (I'm trying to bond my rabbits, so I need the living room to be neutral).

a ten per cent solution of vinegar is good for cleaning up areas that have been urinated on--the vinegar covers over the ammonia smell of the urine. Have used it successfully with canines. Don't really know about bunnies though, but don't think soap would be the answer either unless you really do a good job of rinsing after.

LionBunnies wrote:
but they've marked the territory with their chins.
There's nothing you could do about that. Every time you take them into the room, the first thing they will do is chin everything in sight. :biggrin2:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
LionBunnies wrote:
but they've marked the territory with their chins.
There's nothing you could do about that. Every time you take them into the room, the first thing they will do is chin everything in sight. :biggrin2:
Hehe, yeah, I know :D

I'm not going to allow them to jump around in the living room, because they are going to live there together when they are bonded.
So the living room has to be a neutral room.

So I have to clean the whole room and eliminate all "rabbitscents" to make the living room a neutral room again :)

So I was wondering if I could use vinegar to eliminate the scent? x)

I have a bottle of vinegar sitting down in our family room just for when Muppet runs around down there. She pees in every single corner and I just follow behind pouring a little bit out here and there. Get's rid of it right away!

I love vinegar for cleaning

We use vineagar for the doe's cage bottoms , then wipe it down with a little water to get rid of the odor - - generally we put the buns right back in after cleaning, and don't want the vineagar smell to be too overwhelming.

Latest posts

Back