Stopped using litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuneBug3

Reaction score
When I let June out of her cage for exercise she no longer uses the litter boxes i have set out for her. She has decided to quit using them these past few days and I dont know why. Nothing has changed. Its just poos, she pees in her cage litter box (thank goodness). She poos all over my dining room actually, thats where i keep her boxes out during playtime. Any idea why she would just stop using them?
:?

It could be because June's in a new place and is marking. They use pellets as a signal to other bunnies, and even do it when other bunnies are not around.

Whenever I clean my rabbit cage really well or take her out in a new area, Sweet Pea has to run around and poop on things. I have poop every where =(

Usually after she gets use to the cleaned cage, she'll stop and instead just mark things with her chin. Just give her some more time and hopefully she'll get better.

Or is it something you can live with?;)

im just glad its pellets and not pee. I could live with it, its easy to clean up was just curious if it means im doing something wrong or whatever lol. She just started doing it out of no where. Guess she is just marking. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back