Rabbits for adoption!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackthorn45

Reaction score
I have a little update to thispost...PICTURES of all the rabbits needing homes verybadly! I get attached to these guys so quickly; it's hard tosee them at the shelter with people passing them by. :(

The Humane Society of Huron Valley, in AnnArbor,Michigan,has some very lovely bunnies up foradoption right now. I thought I'd share them here, in hopessome good soul will take one of them home! All bunnies arefixed before they go home, and the adoption fee is $50 including theprocedure. The shelter also includes a 15 day healthguarantee and a free vet check.

Tamara came into the shelter today while I was volunteeringthere. She's a blue Dutch, very dainty and lovely.She was brought in because her owner was given the choice by herlandlord of getting rid of the rabbit or being evicted. :Tamara's owner told us she was a boy, but she's definately a lady, sowe had to change her name (Thomas doesn't quite have a good ring to itfor a girl). Tamara is scared, but we think she'll comearound just fine. Poor girl had some nasty curling toenails,but she was easy to handle and clip them.

MI175.4641185-2-x.jpg

MI175.4641185-1-x.jpg

MI175.4641185-3-x.jpg

ScoobyDoo wrote:
Those bunnies are adorable! If I lived up there I woulddefinately take a look.

Not sure where in Iowa you are, but the ARL in DesMoines as a bunchright now, most likely alot of easter bunnies that weresurrendered. Their fee is 35 and the bunnies come chipped andfixed. I've gotten 2 thru there...here's the link:

http://www.arl-iowa.org/Adopt/AdoptSearchResults.asp?Pic=True&Order=1

If you decide to do so, when you talk to Angie that runs the bunnyportion of things, tell her I sent you... she won't know measthis nick, but let her know Oreo's new mom sentyou. She should knowwho that is...I got Oreo thruthere and she's now also a therapy bunny thru the program that Angieruns at the hospital. Let me know!

Great!! Let me know if you decide to go, I'dlove to know if you find someone!! The lady that runs that program isgreat...she'll ask you lots of ?'s to see how much you knowetc. If you think about that the fact that the spay/neuter isincluded in that cost you can't go wrong!

Its a good thing I'm not going to Mi forvacation this year...that first lil guy looks just like my Corky andthe other is adorable...I'd have to have em!

Well, I looked at the arl website and they havesome of the cutest buns I have ever seen! lol! My sister and I wanna goup and take a look in person, but my parents think I should waitlonger...I miss having a bunny:(. Waiting is agony!

~Caitlin~

Well that stinks...but at least its an optionwhen its time to get another bunny...trust me...they always have livesworth saving there!! Keep me posted when you go!

That story about swifty made me want to cry. Shelooks really like my Flora. I wish I could adopt her but I stay inScotland. :sad:

I really hope she gets a happy home.

ND

northerndancer wrote:
That story about swifty made me want to cry. She looksreally like my Flora. I wish I could adopt her but I stay in Scotland.:sad:

I really hope she gets a happy home.

ND
I do, too. She deserves better. They all do. :(

well, this threadinspired me to send in a fostering application to the local rescue.

i'm too far away to make even the rabbit railway work, otherwise lewisand king would be home with me now. (they're cuteas buttons, they need a home, and they're neutered males who might evenget along with pipp -- although the latter may be stretching it).

i've been relucntant because pipp is such a terror, :mad:shebeats the *** out ofthe cats if she sees me pettingthem, i'm afraid what she might do to another bunny.

and she's also such a kissy kissy little thing, i admit to being a bitnervous that they just might bond, too, and the whole works ignoreme. :shock: but that's selfish.soi'll convert the guest bedroom to a guest rabbit room andsee if i can help somebunny out.

i'll let you know how it goes.

SAS

rip Buck

Pipp, that's so cool! I'm curiousabout all the steps you'll have to take. Give medetails! I'm thinking about fostering when I own my ownhouse. Barring that, I'd like to volunteer at the shelter,but unfortunately it has to wait until I find a job that is closer towhere I live (this drive time is killing me).:(

Latest posts

Back