my baby boy is getting "fixed"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrific

Reaction score
:)I am having a serious problem as the "date"aproaches being that my poor Pepper will never (after this operation)have the desire or will, to reproduce,(something that comesso naturally) and I really can not even imagine, as a human,having that stopped just so thatI will live a lessagressive life for someone. To be honest, the only reasonthatI have this treasure (Peppercorn) is because I could notleave him where I first met him, as that would have been tourtureousfor him, and me, but I love him so much, and he alsocan'tstop showingus how much he loves us (he attacks us withlove)and I just cant help but feel terrable for what we areabout to do.

If there are any Doe owners out there that need a sweet, loving,affable :(natured amazing dwarf black and white buck pleaselet him know.

thank all of you,

Patricia

Don't feel bad about it at all. Animals have theneed to reproduce, not the desire;)-Big Difference. We can't apply humanemotions in this scenario because we are one of a very smallnumber of animals that have sex for pleasure. Other animals Do Not seeit in the same way that we do.

I promise, he will not miss anything. Give him a few days and he probably will have gotten past it and forget it ever happened.

*HUGS*

I realize you must be very nervous for your little guy. But bringingmore bunnies into the world so that he can experience the "joy" ofreproduction - it just doesn't make sense :)

Good luck to you and Pepper as the big day approaches!

Hello Patrific,

It's great to see you stop in again. :)

I've seen no negative effects from my rabbits or any other friends'rabbits as a result of them getting fixed. The rabbits are usually lessterritorial, aggressive, frustrated, you don't have spraying, and whenyou think of the years you could be saving them from by preventingcancer in doing this, he and you are all really better off. It didn'tchange my babies personalities at all.

Some people will have a friend or another family member drop the rabbitoff at the vets so that the rabbit won't hold them responsible fortaking them in. As you know, some rabbits can hold a grudge for a bit,but they get over it.

m.e. brings up very good points about being careful of applying humanemotions in this area and the thought of not adding to the alreadyoverpopulation of unwanted pets.

Make sure you have a good vet and keep saying as a mantra, 'this is forhis health and long life'. Many bucks bounce back pretty quickly fromthese procedures.

Be strong, and don't be a stranger. :)

-Carolyn

My little Shorty bounced backwonderfully. Star has been a little slower in her recoveryfrom the spay. Shorty is my sweetness. He was SOfriendly and outgoing before his neuter and is even MORE sweet after(honestly didn't think that was possible.) He was ready tobinky and hop and periscope within two days after his neuter.It was the hardest thing to keep him in his cage for that first 7 daysto recover. All in all, I think neutering and spaying makesfor a healthier and happier bunny. If you are worried aboutyour male wanting to quench his thirst to mate, I will tell you my malestill wants to mate Star...:?silly wabbit.

OH! And by the way, I think they DID hold grudges against mefor a couple of days. I didn't even think of having someoneelse take them in. That is a great idea!!

Stopped by to see Corky and Homer...Homer was fixed today and Corky is just sick and needing help.

I was in about an hour and a half after his surgery and he was boundinall over his cage and eating and drinking...I didn't bring him home yetas doc wasn't there..but had I not known he'd just had surgery I justwoulda thought he was tired!

Homer is home and other than being a lil tired,you'd never know he had a thing done today!! Doc said norestrictions on him, they "glued" things back together...when we gothome he was all over his cage.. :shrug:

just a short note to say thank you very much foryour support, I am feeling better about it all and I really dounderstand that it is for the better for all of us in manyways. I realize that I become very very passionate andsensitive about the health -(mental & physical)andwellbeing of my pets (and all animals for that matter) and would neverconsider adding to the existing unbelievable problems of overpopulationand unwantedanimals. Sometimes the love I have formy little prince, and the way he shows so muchlove, makes mecrazy and I get a little carried away with things, and Ithinkit was just a bad case of wishful thinking,:? sorry if Ialarmed anybody by making you think I may have seriouslyconsideredpursuing that idea, I truly love, andrespectanimals (I am a strict vegetarian) andalwaysdo what I canto help them.

Ireally appreciate this forum and feel very welcome here,having a place to go for help and input and whatever else is verycomforting and I thankall of you again.:D

Patricia

We understand your feelings, patrific, and I canassure you, you are in good company. I feel very much thesame way about my little ones that you do.

Glad to have you here. :)

-Carolyn

I feel the same way about mine....just read thesick bunny thread...I've been a mess over Corky!!! I'll bereal nervous when time comes for his surgery...even tho Homer came thruhis fine...for me it'll be cuz of I'll I've been thru with him the lastweek!

Patricia, what a treat to see you posting again. I've issed you. Hope all is well with you.

Pepper couldn't be in better hands than yours. please don'tapologize for being passionate, we all are when it comes to ourrabbits. It just shows how deeply you do feel for them and howconnected you to them. Nothing wrong with that.

Pepper will be fine. I will keep ya'll in my prayers just tohelp the healing along. We'll be here for support whenever you need us.Do keep us posted if you can. I think of you often and yourfamily.

Tina

Latest posts

Back