How do you all introduce your dog to your bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyFord

Reaction score
My dog and bunny love each other through the bars and I bring my rabbit in on a night for an hour or two and put the dog in another room however I would like them to be able to just chill together is this possible?

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask my question.

Yes.

I took in 3 dogs over the years, for days or weeks, and I didn't have much time to introduce them to my free roam bunnies. I just led them in, showed them places, with bunnies around and made clear that the bunnies were part of my place. The rabbits would have had places to retreat from the dogs, but they didn't care.

There are instances where rabbits truly bond with dogs, one of my neighbours had a chech shepherd that was highly appriciated by her bunnies, more likely , like in my experiences, is a kind of stalemate or just living together. Only Kira. an old collie, that was here for some times was somewhat disappointed that the bunnies ignored her.

Imo, trust your gut feelings. I Just had 1 or 2 days to leave them alone together, no issues. Give your rabbits a part of their usual area where the dog can't follow. The dog needs to be told that bunnies are around is the most nomal thing, act like that.

In your situation, I would go for it and just remove the barriers.

Last edited:
Back