Hi everyone, introducing Mrs Sherlock :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biancajb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i thought i'd do a quick intro because the first post i wrote was straight to the infirmary.

Mrs Sherlock is a tripod bunny, my brother found her when he was going on a run one night, she was dragging around one of her back legs and very underweight. He ran home and got me, i caught her and took her to the vet and basically told them that she was obviously at some stage someone's pet (she didn't freak out too much, and also she is a sooty angora lop eared rabbit - a bit fancy). They couldn't find any owner, and were concerned that if she did have an owner, the back leg was broken a long time ago and could have been done by the old owner. They basically told me if i didn't take her they'd have to euthenaise her, but they would give me discount vet bills on her bad legif i took her in. After much deliberation the vet decided she needed to get the leg amputated because the break was too old to fix, but warned us about anasthetic in bunnies etc. The vet explained that although it seems uncommon to see three legged bunnies, they have a low centre of gravity and would function well.

She sailed through the amputation, and has had a few problems since, gastric stasis more recently, a blood problem a little while ago, and more recently an arthriticsplayed front paw (hence the questions in the infirmary) but we've had her now for about 5-6 years, which makes her around between 7 & 8 years old - we can't be sure because the vet said she may have been older then the estimated 1-2 years old when we found her (the age estimate has changed now since she's developed the arthritis and her fur has become different recently). She also underwent desexing recently (the vet thought she may have had uterine cancer) and sailed through that operation despite having recently had gastric stasis.

So she is a much loved bunny, by all of my family members (including my dad who is convinced she can count, she always knows to come back for three blueberries from him, not1 or 2 but 3 - we've warned him about treating her too much) and she definately has a defiant little bossy personality for something that weighs just under 2 kilos :)

Hi, welcome to RO. Your MreSherlocksounds like a sweetheart.

Do you have any pictures of her?

Susan:)

this is after her first professional hair cut (i do it myself these days, not very good at hairdressing but its easier for her to groom herself)

n7346038037526359000.jpg

By biancajb at 2012-01-16

This one is one of her just hanging out

picture225i.jpg

picture240w.jpg

You can't see her missing leg because of her fur skirt hehe

Hi, welcome to Rabbit Online, there are lots of info here and lots of bunny lovers as well!
Mrs Sherlock is so adorable!! She's so fluffy that it's hard to think of anything else than hugging and kissing her!!
Now that you know about the infirmary and how to post pics, you must know you can have a blog for Mrs Sherlock, right? You can post more pics and stories about her - we'd all love to see them!
There's also the "let your hare down" section, in case you ever want to say something not related to your bun-bun... which must be difficult when you have such a cute, adorable, sweet bunny like yours!

thanks for all your kind words! I think she's a gorgeous little thing too - just learnt on the disabled bunnies facebook page that she's actually an american fuzzy lop :) lol who knew after all this time!

she's so pretty :) Although are you sure she is an american fuzzy lop? I don't think we have them in Australia... we have mini lops and cashmere mini lops (longer fur)

I'm not 100% sure what she is because i found her, except that she looks exactly like two lops that were posted on the disabled bunnies facebook page, and everyone agreed that must be what she is an american or holland fuzzy lop. It was uncanny - although in saying that she also looks like a cashmere lop lol i guess i'll never really know for surehey :) her fur gets pretty long if i let it grow out but its not comfortable for her to have long fur and try to groom with her problems. I was even thinking bout gettingone of thosegiant rabbits later on (but not when i still have sherlock because i think it would scare her) you can get those here funnily enough i didn't think we'd be able to

What a cute bunny! So glad you chose to help her :hearts:

Oh Okay, well if that's the case than she's definitely not an American Fuzzy Lop as they haven't been introduced to Australia.

A Holland lop is a Mini Lop in Australia :)

If her fur is that long that it's hard for her to maintain I would definitely think she is a Cashmere Mini Lop :D as her rounded big head shows the characteristics of a Mini Lop.

I'm glad you rescued her! She looks very comfortable and happy where she is! lucky little bun!

do we have fuzzy lops in australia? I guess the cashmere lop is somehow related to the fuzzy these are the two lops i was talking about that look so much like sherlock (its uncanny) -(i.e. these ones aren't mine they are people on the facebook page) both fuzzy lops. She finds it hard to groom because her dewlap area (if that's the right word) getsthick and long and in the way,and she can'tbalance properlywithout her back leg, so if i trim her fur short then she can be as fastidious as she wants (she loves grooming)

This one below looks exactly like her

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Second from the left

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

So beautiful! It sounds likeshehas found her some terrific bunny slaves.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

Back