Hewlp pwease... I might be cawwying two litterz...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstin

Reaction score
Hewo guyz... i has an incident apparawntly... i might have gotten bred twice, a week apart, and my mommy says dats bad. Me and Bwizzard are in two sepawat cages, but I is smart and found an escape root, which is now blockeded. But Bwizzard mated me again! What do I do?? My mommy won't stop wowwying. :(

This is very sad, for both kits and mummy rabbit.
Personally, and I know its an awful thought, but the kits should be aborted.
Not only will the litters not be cared for by the mummy to the best of her ability but its also very stressful and hard on the mummy herself and the kits won't be as healthy as they could be.
Go and talk to your vet, and find out if she is infact carrying two litters and take it from there.

I will note, I am not pro aborting UNLESS it will damage physically or mentally the mother. If it was one litter, I would offer you some advice on making it the easiest birth possible.

what about hand raising the one litter and letting the mum take care of the first? i know it's not as healthy as having the mum take care of the babies, but it may help and no one would have to die. it would be replacement cat milk formula right?

Are you positive she was rebred? I know if you put an already pregnant female with a male then usually she won't let him get on her again.

The good news is that this is not a death sentence for mom or babies, and not all uncommon either.

There are many things that could happen, but assuming she delivers two healthy litters, just separate them into two separate nestboxes and switch them out. One in during the day, one at night. She should be able to care for them all just fine but even if not, she herself should be alright.

If they are a week or less difference in age, they could even stay in the same nestbox together.

Don't worry, all will be fine. Just let nature take its course. :)

Back