Destructive behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devi

Reaction score
I have 2 male rabbits, both of which have been fixed for years. Recently, one of them has been causing a lot of destruction. He has chewed wires, destroyed the pen flooring (which I have had to change twice in less than six months), damaged walls, and furniture, and even eaten 3+ litter boxes. I had to switch to a metal litter box to stop him from destroying it. He has also chewed anything plastic, shoes, and bookcases. They both have 28 sq ft of living area, but if the destructive rabbit wouldn't try to harm the other one(former bond mates, but it broke and they have since resisted any rebonding attempts), they would have a full 48 sq ft living space. They also have full house access on alternating days for 12 hours at a time. I provide them with lots of hides, toys, chews, dig boxes, forage mats, and plenty of attention and playtime. Despite all of this, the destructive rabbit is medically healthy, just slightly overweight.

Any tips?

Latest posts

Back