Found new kit out of the nest (?) Broken leg?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare lou

Reaction score
Hi my kits have all just started to open thier eyes mummy had 7 this litter!!!! I e just been to check on them in my daughters room and found one outside the nest upside down legs sticking out weirdly and shaking......mum has comforted it and it can move but just doesn't look right.... I've placed it back in the nest for now as it looks weak .....what's the best thing to do ....help.....

Hi my kits have all just started to open thier eyes mummy had 7 this litter!!!! I e just been to check on them in my daughters room and found one outside the nest upside down legs sticking out weirdly and shaking......mum has comforted it and it can move but just doesn't look right.... I've placed it back in the nest for now as it looks weak .....what's the best thing to do ....help.....
Hi, it is hard to say without seeing so the kits are about 10 days old now? Maybe it didn't get milk while being out of nest and looking weak now, you can try to keep it's mom on her side and bring it to her belly it will find her tits or just wait until she will feed them all. Hopefully there's no damage just maybe cold and scared. Your kits are growing and opened their eyes already they will be escaping their nest pretty often, it depends sometimes it can be day 14 and kits are strong enough to jump out by themselves, sometimes a few more days, but they will leave their nest sooner or later and will be crawling all around the place.

Hi, it is hard to say without seeing so the kits are about 10 days old now? Maybe it didn't get milk while being out of nest and looking weak now, you can try to keep it's mom on her side and bring it to her belly it will find her tits or just wait until she will feed them all. Hopefully there's no damage just maybe cold and scared. Your kits are growing and opened their eyes already they will be escaping their nest pretty often, it depends sometimes it can be day 14 and kits are strong enough to jump out by themselves, sometimes a few more days, but they will leave their nest sooner or later and will be crawling all around the place.
Thankyou I put it with mum as just re checked it all seems well so relieved will check it again in the morning but so far so good x

That’s good to hear! Sometimes they just need to get some food into them! We all know how it feels to be hungry! Haha

Latest posts

Back