Big round belly for baby bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had 2 baby bunnies, they are 2 week old today, one of the baby has big round belly .I had pictures of the bunnies as well . One of them has big round belly , when I touch his belly it hard and firm, he still eating hay in his net and moving slowly , but he’s much less active than his sliding. I had give him 2 time infacol In the last 5 hours. What can I do next please ? Please help .

Attachments

• 5785260B-5965-4560-9B09-9B7CA8A76A5D.jpeg
    5785260B-5965-4560-9B09-9B7CA8A76A5D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
You can try seeing if it needs to be stimulated to pee. Is it having any runny or yellowish poop? Has it eaten any food, other than nursing from the mom or nibbling on grass hay? Is the hay fresh, with no spoiled moldy hay it could have eaten?

You can try seeing if it needs to be stimulated to pee. Is it having any runny or yellowish poop? Has it eaten any food, other than nursing from the mom or nibbling on grass hay? Is the hay fresh, with no spoiled moldy hay it could have eaten?
I only noticed that he start nibbling the hay in his net , his mom make the net since they was born , if I change it now will it upsets the mom ?

No problem. Save the clean fur, and replace all the hay. form a depression in the middle as new nest, put the fur around it.
Maybe put mom out of sight when manipulating the nest, some are pretty protective and can become agitated.

Also take a look at the kits butt, the fur there shouldn't be soiled and it should not smell noticeable bad. Those are the first signs of trouble brewing I noticed.

Latest posts

Back