any tips on the best way to sex a baby rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagneticLove

Reaction score
so after thinking on getting a companion for piksi i have finally decited to give it a go

my friends rabbit is having babys soon like in 2 weeks or so and she is going to give me one. the dad is a netherland dwarf and the mom is dutch so its perfect.

anywho i really really need to get a girl since piksi is a boy. of course i wont be able to take the bunny home until they are old enough but i dont want to make the same mistake i had with piksi. i sexed him and thought he was a girl.

anyone have any good tips? i feel like i should use a magnifying glass lol

They say boys look round like a donut and girls are shaped like a taco.

Their putting a little pressure to get penis to come out, in the picture.

Good luck.

thanks for the pics makes it easier to tell between the two

and no i am not planning on breeding them i want a girl because i know that male and female bunnies bond better than two males

MagneticLove wrote:
i want a girl because i know that male and female bunnies bond better than two males
That's not always true. I now have a trio and 2 are boys and 1 is a girl. The 2 boys got along better than then the new boy and the girl.

I think it all really depends on the rabbits personality and not the sex of the rabbit

ohh really? so i shouldnt stress out that i must get a girl?

piksi is a very chill bunny but maybe juust with me and not with an other bun? i dont know but my new bunny is going to be a baby so do you think it wont matter what gender it might be since they will kinda grow up together?

i am just scared because i totally suck at determining the gender....

Latest posts

Back