2 New Rabbits Which ARe Supposed To Be Litterbox Trained?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philangies

Reaction score
I got my 1st bunny like 6 weeks ago and I got my 2nd one 2 weeks ago. Both were supposed to be litter box trained, but clearly are not as they go everywhere!

My 1st one I got, knuffles, the previous owner used regular kitty litter, but I read that wasn't good, so I started to use the natural carefresh with hay on it. I'm thinking the changes of the litter might be the problem?

My other one, Jellybean, I adopted from a shelter, who also said she was litterbox trained.

Both were kept in small cages before I got them and I want them to be house bunnies, so I've been letting them free range in the house, but that results in poop and pee everywhere. Even when I put them in the small cage at night they still will go on the floor of the cage, which has nothing on it.

I took the litterbox out of the cage and put it where they normally pee on the floor and it's helped just a little. So I bought another one so I have 2 and I only put their hay on top of it to keep them munching on it in the litter box.

Any tips?

We have 8 around the room. Some are inside of apple boxes with holes in both ends so they can go through or hang out with a modest amount of privacy. We also have some in open top boxes and use shredded newspaper and Pet Pick kiln dried pine for them to lay on and to absorb--the open boxes also get a couple of holes down low so the can enter and exit with ease. We still get the poops here and there, but no urine on the floor. We also have 3 hutches down with all the fixings--water, hay, bedding and food for them to use.

Latest posts

Back